Luke O'Donnell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Rugby League Week Predicts:-

The Sea Eagles have money to spend following Perry's departure and are looking for a top-flight forward to replace him. Cowboy Luke O'Donnell is one player believed to be on Des Hasler's radar.

Yes please !! ;D

Do we need another backrower ? Even if we do I'm not sold on O'Donnell, reckon he is a little overrated TBH. I can't imagine he'd come cheap either, and I think there are more important areas we need to spend money in.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite / Willie Mason (if we are really going after him???)
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Luke O'Donnell
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Ben Farrar
15. George Rose
16. Tony Williams (as a mobile, ball playing prop ALA Prior)
17. Shane Rodney

Solid, and I mean VERY solid team, and one that could challenge for another premiership depending on how well DCE settles.

He used to be a great player. Him and Simpson together were great for the blues. He is still good but not what he used to be. He will add some mongrel and starch to our team though

Dan link said:
He used to be a great player. Him and Simpson together were great for the blues. He is still good but not what he used to be. He will add some mongrel and starch to our team though

You see his energy / passion / aggression / up tempo style of play in SOO? VERY unlike our current crop of forwards at club level. Like Matai, I'd put up with his indiscretions, if meant he played with the heart he and Matai does.

As Dan says, I loved him in the sky Blue and we should have looked at him 2 or 3 years ago. He just isn't at his top this year.

It doesn't matter - he is goneski

North Queensland Toyota Cowboys back rower Luke O'Donnell has accepted an offer from an English Super League club from 2011.

Cowboys Executive Director Peter Parr spoke today about O'Donnell's decision.

"Luke informed me a short time ago that he'll accept an offer that he's received from an English Super League club," Parr said.

"Certainly he won't be here next year, he'll be playing over in the UK."

Parr went on to talk about O'Donnell's desire to not play for another NRL team against the Cowboys, the club's strong support for him and the recruitment process for next season.

MB, If memory serves correct we did make a play for him around 3yrs ago but couldn't match the Cowboys money at the time.

IMO, he is past his best but many people said that about BK when he came to Manly.

Football in the forwards is more about attitude, so no reason he couldn't turn up each week and boost the rest of the pack into action?

Dan link said:

I said the same thing about Ben Kennedy. I thought he was going to be another Adam Muir.

I was slightly wrong.

Moops link said:
Would prefer Sika Manu or Adam Blair. Why should the Dogs get them all?!

agreed either of these would be valuable long term signings

This is why i liked June 30.

We could be waiting until early march to know wtf is going on with player signings.

Ryan link said:

The Sea Eagles have money to spend following Perry's departure and are looking for a top-flight forward to replace him. Cowboy Luke O'Donnell is one player believed to be on Des Hasler's radar.

Yes please !! ;D

No thanks, spends more time off the field through suspension and I think he's a grub.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=184090.msg275593#msg275593 date=1279231193]

You see his energy / passion / aggression / up tempo style of play in SOO? VERY unlike our current crop of forwards at club level. Like Matai, I'd put up with his indiscretions, if meant he played with the heart he and Matai does.
[/quote]
It's a shame when you think about it Ryan.
With the money we are paying Watmough you would think he could be supplying a few more of the qualities you mentioned above.
This time last year he was just about the best backrower in the NRL.

swoop link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=184090.msg275587#msg275587 date=1279230388]

Yes please !! ;D

No thanks, spends more time off the field through suspension and I think he's a grub.
[/quote]
He may be a bit of a grub but I also think he suffers from the same problem Matai does - he has a target on his head with the refs.  Matai and O'Donnell can do the same things plenty of other players get away with but they will both get penalised and/or put on report for.

Surely the Bulldogs can't keep signing and signing...who have they lost...Hannant...Kimmorley (thought he was staying for another year)

That's cant be enough to keep signing players until the cows come home, or maybe they have found another way around the cap???

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Surely the Bulldogs can't keep signing and signing...who have they lost...Hannant...Kimmorley (thought he was staying for another year)

That's cant be enough to keep signing players until the cows come home, or maybe they have found another way around the cap???

Patten to Salford I think

Mark from Brisbane link said:

Hmmm the numbers just don't seem to add up do they.  Must have the same salary cap as the rooster, this is a totally different cap level to us though

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7