Luke ODonnell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Wests v Easts game- quite good 1st half

LoD started a mele with Keithy but only got a penalty :mad: There is no budget for a Sin Bin anymore :huh:

Cartwheeled a Player, Tex style (5 wks) and is on report :mad:

Yeah,Mortimer's try was onto the palm of a Wests Player :mad:

RE: Luke ODonnel

Wetpatch said:
Apparently hand under the ball still counts as a try for the Rorters bull****

That was a terrible decision. Did not see the ball hit the ground once.

Also, can you no longer win the scrum against the feed?

RE: Luke ODonnel

If the west bloke hadn't put his hand down to protect himself it would have been a shocker.

Should have been sent off, in the end of it he's tried to dump the guy on his head.

Don't know what you have to do to get sent off in this game.

O'Donnell flipped that Tigers player 360 degrees. The only other similar tackle I've seen was Tony Williams last year, who copped 7 weeks with an early guilty plea. O'Donnell's was worse because it looked intentional.

However he isn't a Manly player so probably won't be suspended.

Definitely at least deserved a sin bin! How gun shy are ref's when it comes to sitting someone down for 10 minutes these days.

Williams was grade 4 dangerous throw with a 10 week suspension, after the early plea it was reduced to 7 weeks.
Time for some consistency from the MRC. See the abc.net link for trex tackle

http://youtu.be/McbxmSTQFSs

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-20/williams-tackle-ex-fox-sports/3901426

O'Donnell flipped him over but didnt drive him into the ground.
T Rex picked de Gois up and slammed him head first into the ground. Totally different tackles IMO. Luke should get a week or two.

Neither T-Rex's nor O'Donnell's tackles drove the players headfirst into the ground.

Lot worse tackles than those two. LOD will get off lightly without the Manly loading.

didn't see the o'donnell one but tontine's was more of a cartwheel and then back slam, I don't think degois got dumped on his head, I am sure he played on later in the game also

Sorry but 3 weeks for that- if he takes the early guilty plea.For that tackle. I am now more convinced than ever it will be souths vs Easts grand final- the nrl are doing everything in there power to make it happen.

I told you it would be 3 weeks. It gives the Rabbits a better shot at the minor premiership and also makes sure he is back and fired up for the 1st week of the finals when the Roosters will likely be playing Manly.

If a Rooster is cited for something next week he will get 2 weeks. Just watch it happen.

His brother plays for Penrith and has gone off deluxe!

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/news/nrl-premiership/odonnell-slams-match-review-committee-248996

The NRL's aversion to freedom of speech has a fresh test case after Penrith forward Kyle O'Donnell slammed the match review committee for charging his brother Luke with a dangerous throw.

The Roosters' O'Donnell will miss at least three games after being hit with a grade three charge for his 'cartwheel' tackle on Tigers centre Tim Simona, prompting Kyle to turn on the NRL.

"I'm sick of seeing my brother unfairly treated by 'officials'. Hasn't done a damn thing wrong all year and is still treated this way," Kyle tweeted.

Tell me how he got penalised when Keith Galloway took a swing at him?Isnt that a sin bin offence these days?Rules for some and not 4 others!
— Kyle O'Donnell (@KyleOD1) August 20, 2013

O'Donnell drew parallels between his brother's incident and Jeff Lima's controversial leg twist on Anthony Watmough, which resulted in just a one-week ban.

"Why are some players treated differently to others? The consistency of the match review committee absolutely stinks," Kyle wrote.

"1 week for INTENTIONALLY trying to hurt someone and 3-5 for an accidentally putting someone in a dangerous position which did not result in injury.

"This is something that boils my blood."

NRL officials are likely to take a dim view of O'Donnell's comments, especially as the Roosters are yet to enter a plea.

He may now face a fine or official censure, even though he is currently playing for Penrith's feeder club Windsor.

Players, coaches and officials are forbidden from commenting on judiciary matters for fear of prejudicing cases.

Toovey walked a fine line in suggesting Lima's act was 'suspicious'.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2