Luke Patten Video Ref

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Royal Soup

First Grader
Tell me how Luke Patten gets a video refs job in a bulldogs match???? No conflict of interest there is there?? What a ****ing disgrace!!!! This needs to be investigated and the club should be asking questions!

RE: Luke Pattern Video Ref

I thought the same thing. Just shouldnt happen... Certainly not for a rookie

I was very surprised when it was mentioned, how does that happen, must be other games he could do

To be fair he got them right though. He correctly ruled the try for Tafua. The Ennis try was just lazy play from Kite. He was probably tired and not thinking the runner would run back go him but it did. Fair try. No issues at all from me.

Agreed - silly silly idea to let him video ref but the NRL are being run by re-active admin.

eagleE said:
To be fair he got them right though. He correctly ruled the try for Tafua. The Ennis try was just lazy play from Kite. He was probably tired and not thinking the runner would run back go him but it did. Fair try. No issues at all from me.

Yes he got them right but it's still not on in my book! Disgraceful

But he is in there with another person. Not sure who it was with tonight. I don't think he will lose his job to give the Dogs one call. We need ex players to officiate. They will all have links to a club they played for but they can still be impartial when making decisions.

The video refs were fine tonight. The on field ones were pretty decent too. If anything we got the better of the 50/50 calls.

I'm just enjoying the fact that the refs are much, much better this year. Harrigan was a piece of stool.

eagleE said:
But he is in there with another person. Not sure who it was with tonight. I don't think he will lose his job to give the Dogs one call. We need ex players to officiate. They will all have links to a club they played for but they can still be impartial when making decisions.

Agreed. I think the majority of people would be impartial.

I know I wouldn't be inclined to give a dubious decision in favour of Manly. At the end of day I would want to feel that my team deserved the victory.

strone33 said:
Tell me how Luke Pattern gets a video refs job in a bulldogs match???? No conflict of interest there is there?? What a f**king disgrace!!!! This needs to be investigated and the club should be asking questions!

So he will favour his ex team as part of his duties?? Guess he is pretty stupid then and does not want a long "post playing career" in the NRL.

Insert tin foil hat here.....................

Last night was obviously a test for Pattern. Or even Luke Patten!

How's that Kiwi?

He did fine last night, but I just think ex players should be rostered to other games instead of their ex teams where possible

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2