luke patten - video ref

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

panash

Reserve Grader
i dont think or is it fair he should be a video ref when scumdogs are playing..

just before halftime ( 37th minute ) TREX hit a storm player ( to me it was a shoulder charge ) seen many of them , it went upstairs and they ruled knock on , scumdogs score in that set of 6...HUGE ADVANTAGE FOR SCUMDOGS HAVING PATTEN AS A VIDEO REF...

i might be too biased against scumdogs , but if you see it

shoulder charge or not ??

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Doggies pushing limit on 5th tackle. Always getting the jump on the 10m so they can get to the Storm kicker. They know referees won't ping them on the 5th tackle.

Watch Bellamy come out and launch a tirade at the NRL for not having a stand alone weekend for SOO. I'd be in agreement with him as it gives an unfair advantage to teams who have no reps i.e the dogs are getting a huge leg up with the draw.

Imagine if it were our team with half a dozen rep players out. How can it be a fair competition if you've got an NRL just about full strength playing virtually a reserve grade team. It sucks.

They only lose them all twice a year max, the rest of the comp they have the advantage of having all the guys with big match experience available to them that other sides dont have

Looking like we will be 1 win back from the Storm with a better differential if we can get the win tomorrow night

Brissie Kid said:
Josh Reynolds again resorts to cheating but the pink offAgreeicials don't bin him for it.

agree almost as bad as the umps decision in the cricket the other night. What about Ennis they are winning comfortably and he hasn't stopped whining to the refs

swoop said:
Watch Bellamy come out and launch a tirade at the NRL for not having a stand alone weekend for SOO. I'd be in agreement with him as it gives an unfair advantage to teams who have no reps i.e the dogs are getting a huge leg up with the draw.

Imagine if it were our team with half a dozen rep players out. How can it be a fair competition if you've got an NRL just about full strength playing virtually a reserve grade team. It sucks.

As much as i hate the purple scum, i agree. No team should be disadvantaged by representative football.

Also agree patten should not be a vid ref for scum dog games, that has to be an advantage to the dogs

• 👍
It was 100% a shoulder charge. I thought they would at least penalise it and put him on report but......nothing. I accept it wasn't dangerous in any way but that's not the point. It was a clear cut shoulder charge.

Secondly, Reynolds the grub should have been sin binned for his professional foul. Pure and simple. Why don't they referee them in the same way as Manly ?

simon64 said:
It was 100% a shoulder charge. I thought they would at least penalise it and put him on report but......nothing. I accept it wasn't dangerous in any way but that's not the point. It was a clear cut shoulder charge.

Secondly, Reynolds the grub should have been sin binned for his professional foul. Pure and simple. Why don't they referee them in the same way as Manly ?
Those decisions are the reason it's unfair to give Patten a Dogs match. At least until he's built a reputation as an official after a couple of years on the job.
Meanwhile, when it comes to impartiality, perception is everything. Why put Patten in that position?

• 👍
simon64 said:

The refs do not have the balls to make the calls that they are supposed to make. Disappointing.

i know im biased and hate the scum dogs !!!!

thats why i had to ask the question... what we have seen so far this year that should of been a penalty....

then that scum twig leg reynolds , how that wasnt a sin bin beats me !!!

hoping they dont make the top 8 , but for me their not a threat the only reason why they did what they did last year is they used that decoy ( sheperd ) play over and over which lead to points...

if you match their forwards and kick down field and keep turning them around they have no strike power !!!!

Manly 13+ tomorrow , hope we cement a top 4 spot after 26 rounds !!

To say patten shouldnt adjudicate a team insinuates he is a cheat, and thus should not ref any team. A couple of clunker decisions today for sure

Reynolds should have been sent to the bin but honestly the ref should have called it and patten shouldnt carry the can for 2 on field refs, 2 touchies and 2 video refs

But the video ref has tipped the on field refs to change decisions before on wrong calls. If he had done that then people would not be questioning his bias so much. There were some very dodgy calls in that game and they all went in the dogs favour, not a good look

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4