Luke Ronchi

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
In January he becomes eligible to play International cricket for NZ.

Have seen much of him over the years, is he up to that level ?

Not too shabby. Was stuck behind Haddin for a few years. Think he may have played a ODI or two. Decent enough bat, but he must be getting on a bit now. I don't know what the keeping stocks are like in NZ at the moment, but don't know that he is a test class gloveman.

Think I read he played 1 ODI about 4 years back

We are desperate to find a keeper who can consistently produce runs at test level now McCullum has given the gloves away so that is why he will be right in the frame. At the moment we have Van Wyk who is a good keeper and a fighter with the bat, or Watling who is a batsman they are trying to turn into a keeper

he played a couple back in the day (08 was his last).

was next in line for a while, lost form and was overtaken by Paine, Manou and now Wade.

is streets ahead of anything you have over there Dan, not as good with the bat as Mcullum (as a pure bat) but as a keeper/ batsman he wouldnt be that far off. Leaves Watling and Van Wyk a long way behind in both departments.

And at least he was born there (NZ)

He'll walk into your test and ODI side when available.

Will keep a close eye on him for Wellington over the next couple of months, January is when he is available so a good few months should see him right in amongst it

On a side note, Ryder is back into his cricket seriously now, hit a 36 ball 100 in an intersquad warm up game

Ronchi made his debut for WEllington in a match in progress.

and Big Jesse has scored a hundred in each innings...

Ronchi was 36* to finish it off, took a few catches as well

Big Jesse is back, 117* and 174(132) to go along with 2 tons in warm up matches

hey Dan, I notice Ronchi picked up a ton for Wellington in the current match.

and old mate Van Wyk picked up a duck in SL.

He will walk into your team when he is available, the only better keeper bat in NZ is Mccullum and he only bats in the long stuff. I think he is eligible in January

I think Watling may get a crack ahead of him on the South African tour and up to him what he makes of that, he batted very well in Sri Lanka in the ODIs

Keep an eye out for Carl Cachopa, is barging his way into the squad lately, just scored his 6th ton in his last 6 FC games and in a televised 20/20 last week he smashed 64 from 32 with genuine cricket shots. Is 1 of 3 brothers all playing for different provinces, 1 of them just joined my club

He (Ronchi) is elegible on the 13th, so the tests will be out for him, but will be eligble for the ODI part of your tour over there.

Interesting to see what they do there with McCullum being the main option in the shorter forms. Looking forward to Ryder getting back in amongst it

has kept ok, his batting is not what he used to produce here, hoepfully for you guys he will improve in that dept.

Haha yeah mate, he took his chance when presented, and Watling scored a match winning ton batting at 6 so wonder what they will do from here on in. At 34 years old Ronchi may be a 1 test man averaging over 50, I like his style though !!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2