Luke Williamson joins Harlequins

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Harlequins have signed Australian forward Luke Williamson from Manly on a two-year contract.
Harlequins coach Brian McDermott said: “Luke will bring a fair amount of grunt blended with the ability to play a bit.”

Williamson, released from the last 12 months of his Manly contract, joins fellow Australian Chad Robinson at the Twickenham Stoop with Quins also set to re-sign Castleford’s Luke Dorn.

Celtic Crusaders have been linked with a move for French international Julien Rinaldi.

French club Toulouse Olympic, overlooked for a place in next season’s expanded engage Super League, have accepted an invitation to play in the Co-operative National League.

The Rugby Football League will provide financial help to Toulouse and the other National League clubs to aid their travelling costs.

Huddersfield are expected to sign Todd Carney, the 22-year-old Canberra half-back who was sacked after a number of alcohol-fuelled incidents.

St Helens forward Mike Bennett, who re-injured his shoulder in May, has retired.

Lets hope that Willo leaves his pictures of des with Cuthbo. 

Harlequins coach Brian McDermott said:  “Luke will bring a fair amount of grunt blended with the ability to play a bit.”

Not a motivational coach I take it. What a utterly crap quote.

Jatz Crackers link said:
Harlequins coach Brian McDermott said:  “Luke will bring a fair amount of grunt blended with the ability to play a bit.”

Has the coach seen Willo play?  Last time willo provided soke grunt was with the Adelaide Rams - good defence fait enough but grunt?  or did he mean kunt?

Utility Player link said:
[quote author=Flip link=topic=178299.msg195169#msg195169 date=1220310284]
Harlequins coach Brian McDermott said: “Luke will bring a fair amount of grunt.”
Willo must have a pet pig, perhaps it is the one in the photo's.
[/quote]

No the pig is camera shy.  It is definately a goat in the photos.

god some of you blokes are ****wits

open ure eyes. I cant believe you people dont think he has played a role in our team.

the way some of u clowns go on you would think we have been fighting off the spoon for the last two seasons

Willo has been good for us.  He came to us when we nearly folded, always gives his all and does alot of tidyup work around the ruck.  Some of you bag the hell out of Watmough for missing tackles, I dont think you realise how much Willo does in this regard.  Never a flashy player but I would not be kicking him out the door telling him he has been useless.  Most clubs have a player like Willo in their team, they all can not be attacking and defensive superstars.  Hope he does well.

Cliffy Gc link said:
god some of you blokes are F**kwits

open ure eyes. I cant believe you people dont think he has played a role in our team.

the way some of u clowns go on you would think we have been fighting off the spoon for the last two seasons

I'm with you mate.

He's been a real handy player for us over the years. No-one was bagging him out when we were getting trounced through 2002-2004....there were always far much worse players going around. But now that he doesn't fit in with the calibre of the Stewarts, Kite, Lyon, Orford etc you want to lambaste him

He's never created a wave off the field and is always available for fans/media etc. A genuine good guy of the game well respected by players and 'most' fans.

His main attribute (apart from the hair) is his heart....he never gives up and is responsible for cleaning up a lot of other players f*ckups

Good luck willo!

The only time in the last few years when I genuinely missed willo was at the SFS a few weeks back against the chooks when i saw Jack A & Phil Deadwood in the team.

I am with UP on this and I also agree that he has been a good team man in desparate times, I just cannot see what des sees in him.  Hope he gets a good pay cheque over the next 2 years in the UK

Have to laugh, Dallas Johnson is never questioned in his role, he even gets talked up and gets rep jumpers, doing basically the same work that Williamson does

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4