Lyon big supporter of Royal Far West

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
OVER the years, many opposition players have come to Brookvale Oval and in their own words, had a “cow of a game.”

Yesterday Sally the cow made for an unusual sight when she graced the hallowed turf ahead of a“Cow Pat Lotto” promotion this Sunday in conjunction with Royal Far West.

Sea Eagles captain Jamie Lyon, no stranger to farm animals after growing up at Wee Waa, was happy to back the cause.

Read More

OVER the years, many opposition players have come to Brookvale Oval and in their own words, had a “cow of a game.”

Yesterday Sally the cow made for an unusual sight when she graced the hallowed
royalfarwest_logo1.jpg
turf ahead of a“Cow Pat Lotto” promotion this Sunday in conjunction with Royal Far West.

Sea Eagles captain Jamie Lyon, no stranger to farm animals after growing up at Wee Waa, was happy to back the cause.

He also believes his team will bounce back this weekend against the Sharks.

“Last week against the Tigers wasn’t good enough, the tape wasn’t good viewing,’’ Lyon said.

“It was a shocker, but we have put it behind us.

“We are looking forward to this week, Cronulla are always tough and give us a run for our money.”

In good news for Manly fans, Peter Sharp’s team have an abysmal record at Brookie.

They have chalked up just six wins from 44 ventures to the peninsula after entering the competition in 1967.

When quizzed on hoodoos, Lyon wasn’t buying into the damning statistic.

“I don’t follow all that kind of stuff, it comes down to attitude on the day,’’ he said.

“Ours was off last week and we paid the price.

“Cronulla were good against the Warriors, so we know it won’t be easy.”

All funds raised on Sunday will be forwarded on to Royal Far West, who are celebrating their 90th anniversary this year.

The Manly based charity provide health services to children living in rural and remote NSW.

Meanwhile, former Sea Eagles cult hero George Rose is on the lookout for another NRL club after formally seeking a release from Melbourne.

It is believed he has fallen out with coach Craig Bellamy, and the situation has reached a point where the pair can no longer work together.

Rose has cited homesickness as the reason he wants to depart the Storm, with St George Illawarra reportedly interested in his services.

A return to Manly is not on the cards.

Andrew Prentice
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/lyon-big-supporter-of-royal-far-west/story-fngr8iii-1226879043656

I thought I would post a comment about this because it's been up for an hour and a half and attracted no love, so here goes.

I have cows on my place and there are many cow pats. I would be happy to donate them to the club for the lotto!!

Killer looked a little bemused, posing with ''Sally'' there...even if he's a country boy at heart ( probly be more at home huntin' feral pigs).

''Different'' idea but great cause, esp when it's to help kids doing it tough. Well done Manly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6