Lyon gets his space...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
And room to move.
Without G. Stewart Lyon always gets early ball with room to take on his man usually beating him or setting Wolf down the right flank.
Stand by the fact Stewart is integral com finals & his mobility was just getting back, so injury timing su**s but must confess, like to see Lyon have plenty of room & time & he generally creates something when he does.
Expect him to have a scorcher against a depleted Cows come Monday night.

i hope so MK, as i have said in another thread, jamie's defence hasn't been good in the last two games- Parra's the worse.

Jamie's defence used to be as much to rave about as Brett's but just lately he's been... well... ordinary.
We need him to lead, as Captain, as he does in most games. Is he carrying a niggle? Doesn't appear so in his kicking....

and while I'm on that, why do our wingers score as close to the side-line as possible EVERY winger's try. Has Killer got a bet going with them? You score as far out as possible & I bet I'll still get 'em over!

... and how many of his 'hit the posts' and NOT go over?

In Defense The centers seem to come in a lot more and a lot earlier nowdays to shut down the shift, Parra were able to throw some high risk balls that got around this defensive tactic. I think before we were defending a bit more typical.
And Im sure Lyon as hit more posts than anyone else. Wonder what he thinks when he is lining up his conversions.

I can see the point of Lismore fan where a couple of times that massive unit Loco (who imo is a wasted talent at Parra) caused havoc where Lyon had opportunity to shut him down early which he usually does so well.
That 1st half try was an example when the Seaeagles had a shot at him near half way yet backpeddled as he ran to the 25 before a hand layed on him, throwing that speculator that ended in 6 points.
In fairness that Loco is a scary proposition who can trample the best of defences, at Storm/Manly /Souths could be anything.
Anyways Lismore Fan , back to the point , are you looking foward to Lyon cutting the Cows up on Monday night?? haha

I thought the Wolfman was back to his best against Parra. He was given plenty of ball, and also went looking for it. Against Easts I don;t think he was passed the ball once.
It was also great to see us score a try from a scurm - an old fashioned through-the-hands try to the winger Taufa who brushed off his opposition like he would a fly. I hope we continue to use our backs from scrums, and not the predictable forward at 5/8 dying with the ball. I'm yet to understand why so many teams use this 'tactic'. I'm told they are setting up for the NEXT play! How ridiculous. A scrum is the best chance to attack from. For some reason the densive fullback packs in at lock, so there is not a fast defensive player to mop up a grubber or chip kick.
If Andrew Johns is our attacking coach then I think he is missing great opportunities to set our backs free.

MK Eagle said:
Anyways Lismore Fan , back to the point , are you looking foward to Lyon cutting the Cows up on Monday night?? haha

Too right MK. Sorry I hijacked your thread talking of defence when attack is what we want to see!

Nothing better than to see DCE (who won't be there) looking to pass a flat ball (?) to a running forward to Brett or Jamie coming from deep line and a quick whip out to Wolfie who scores in the corner!

Now, if Wolfie brings it around to under the posts, now that is the perfect try!

Hard to believe that DCE will miss his first game since debut. I mean, there's not much of him, skinny as hell and his only BIG asset is his neck! (I don't know that for certain).

Wonder how Hiku will go.
From dummy-half to Hiku, along to Stewart, Lyon, on to Wolfie .... TRY.

Cheery is taller than most people think. He must be close to 6ft... and he does have a giraffe-like neck. But he is very robust, and probably makes more tackles per game than any other halfback.

The Who said:
Cheery is taller than most people think. He must be close to 6ft... and he does have a giraffe-like neck. But he is very robust, and probably makes more tackles per game than any other halfback.

Not quite Toovey like in his hitting but yeah I agree he would be one of the most effective half back's in tackle completions.

He came out of pre-season bulked up a lot, but seems to have gone down again....must be the long season taking its toll I guess. He was really cutting some big players down earlier on in the year.

If Gift can run straight down the side of the ruck , 1st receiver, ie, follow instructions, just like he was doing Monday night, and give quick ball to whoever is backing him up, then our attack will be back to its classy best on the right.

Lyon, Brett, Wolfie, will each score a try.

With no Thurston, Tamou, Bowen, there main danger man is Robert Louis. If Foz, Hiku (do we have a nickname for him yet ?) Gift, Shoulders can nullify R Louis, . . .Manly will put 20+ points on them.

I think i saw Gift do some good runs on the LEFT Monday.

mickqld said:
Dallas Johnson dropped whats going on there.
Yeh seems odd, missing half there fowards & he would seem likely even at full strength. Maybe carrying injuries? :huh:
Agree above that those backrowers can cause havoc but hopefully less effective without JT hitting them with those deft flat passes @ Taumoloulo, Simms & Cooper but gotta be confident of another 2 pts without their gun players....

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7