Lyon is too slow - this is a concern

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Did anyone see when Flanagan made that break how Lyon basically half-heartedly gave chase to try and cover Flanagan's supporting player? He basically gave up. This meant that Stewy had to cover BOTH players, which meant the try was scored. All Lyon had to do was shadow the support player, but he couldn't keep up. I was very, very disappointed with this play by Lyon. Thoughts?

Must have missed that among the 34 points scored by us...

so the other 11 players who didnt tackle him either are duds as well??

I am a Lyon critic as well but nothing in this bit Crusher..

He never makes a break and now he can't keep up wth the opposition when he makes a break. FFS why is he in the team? For his defence?

Maybe he was working on the same principle that North ydney full backs used to use. If the other 12 players couln't tackle him then why would I?

Put King at first receiver and Lyon to the bench. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crap. Lyon was lucky enough to get to where he was...

The really culprit was actually Cuthbo, whom Flannigan stepped around in the defensive line.

I thought it was Monaghan who left his arm out to dry

Matt, I am pretty sure Cuthbo was on the inside, and Monas on the outside, so it was Cuthbos man to tackle. Either way, between the both of them, they should ave tackled him

It was definately Monas and Cuthbo.

I actually think Monas was the inside, Cuthbo out - but perhaps Monas had to cover extra ground inside because Cuthbo was too slow to come across or something. Either way it was pretty soft defence from both of them. But outside of that, those two were the best on ground so I can forgive them one missed tackle.

He never makes a break and now he can't keep up wth the opposition when he makes a break. FFS why is he in the team? For his defence?

Maybe he was working on the same principle that North ydney full backs used to use. If the other 12 players couln't tackle him then why would I?

Put King at first receiver and Lyon to the bench. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wall: :wall: :wall:

how jamie Lyon has been drawn into fault just astounds me, LOL

he looked prett slow when he stood up Paul Phatuira and set up beaver!

Did anyone see when Flanagan made that break how Lyon basically half-heartedly gave chase to try and cover Flanagan's supporting player? He basically gave up. This meant that Stewy had to cover BOTH players, which meant the try was scored. All Lyon had to do was shadow the support player, but he couldn't keep up. I was very, very disappointed with this play by Lyon. Thoughts?

Good call Crusher. Alternate Eagles would never have accepted 'one goat' as an excuse. Some of these skirt wearing Silvertails need to enter the room full of mirrors.

I cannot believe that no-one has laid the blame at the obvious person who was responsible for Flanagan scoring that try.

It was john Howards fault of course.

They are already calling it the rooster bay/Flanagan overboard scandal.

I cannot believe that no-one has laid the blame at the obvious person who was responsible for Flanagan scoring that try.

It was john Howards fault of course.

They are already calling it the rooster bay/Flanagan overboard scandal.

terrible

It was Cuthbertson's fault. He's fat and slow and has a poor tackling technique. It's on display for all to see each time he comes on. His off-load is great but his defense is totally ****e. Too many slaps. Look for them tonight, I'm sure Stuart has.

Huge exaggeration DSM

Cutherberson is making 11 a game and missing 1.6 on average
Menzies is making 10 and missing 1.2 for a comparison

It was Cuthbertson's fault. He's fat and slow and has a poor tackling technique. It's on display for all to see each time he comes on. His off-load is great but his defense is totally ****e. Too many slaps. Look for them tonight, I'm sure Stuart has.
I agree with DSM5. He is ordinary in defence. However, he can improve. His lateral movement is part of the issue. Many players have improved and Cuthbo needs to work his ass off to do the same!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6