Lyon & Kite Back Toovey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Larissa

Bencher
Lyon and Kite back Toovey
Trent Higgs
25/11/2011 1:32:33 PM

Manly players can't wait to play under new coach Geoff Toovey, declaring their support for him at the first full training session of the offseason at Narrabeen.

"He's got a good footy brain and gets on well with the players, and everyone respects him. We are all looking forward to it and I think he will be great," Lyon said.

"He's played a lot of first grade and played a lot of rep footy, so he's been around for a while and he definitely knows his stuff, so he'll be fine."

The support for Toovey is felt right across the playing group and prop Brent Kite is another relishing the opportunity to be coached by the club legend.

"He's in a similar mould to Dessy. He's bled for this club and leads by example. His toughness on the field is probably second to none, and it's always easier to play for a guy like that," Kite added.

"A change is as good as a holiday to use and old cliche. Toovs is in, and he'll be excited and he'll be breaking his back to go well and we'll be doing our best too.

"We've got a culture of real mateship here and we'll all play for each other, and we can continue that under Toovs, and I'm sure we can."

The coach himself admits his appointment was earlier than even he expected, but the no-nonsense former halfback welcomes the challenge that lies ahead.

"It's been very rushed. It was a couple of years down the track, then it was a year down the track, then it was two days down the track, so it has moved very quickly, but that's the way it is," Toovey said.

"We've got to make the most of it. Very successful team, very committed team and very committed fans base. So we are looking forward to a very successful year."

Check out exclusive photos from the Sea Eagles training session here.

"It's time to start again. Unfortunate Des is going, he's a good friend to alot of us, but we are used to that. You have a successful team and you lose players and good friends every year." Kite said.

"There's a real mindset within the club not to build it up too much and spend a lot of energy in trial games and that sort of thing, we are really trying to enjoy it," Kite said.

"As Jamie said, we haven't real good time to celebrate, we are going to use it as a bit of a holiday. Obviously we want to play some good footy, but obviously really have a god time as well."

Despite the weather it's turning out to be a good Friday, more positive news! :D

Any word from Kingy yet?

As the Carolina’s Football Coach said it in a slightly different way:

I don’t wont us to be (or see) a Cat or a wimpy Doooog around here … I want us to be tough …

I mean REAL tough ...

I want us to see (sea) and be a MAN …. (I mean be real 'MANLY') and be an EAGLE …. !!!

I don't want any doooogs around here .... doooogs are wimpy (& have rabies) ...

.. you've got to be an EAGLE, look in the mirror and 'see (sea)' an EAGLE .... no doooogs around here .... !

Eagles Nest 08 said:
As the Carolina’s Football Coach said it in a slightly different way:

At risk of getting this moved to the conspiracy section .... maybe the mess of recent times was caused by good ol' Bennett Presser.

Des was browsing you tube one night, and came accross that famous press conference and was inspired by "Be a dog! We need more dogs."
:D :D :D :D

Stop spamming my email box Larissa :D (FYI I have subscribed to Larissa's posts so today I have received a few emails from her)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6