Lyon out of SOO3

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
NSW selectors have called Bulldogs centre Josh Morris into the Origin team after Jamie Lyon was ruled out today at the team medical.

Lyon was hurt in Monday night's blockbuster against the Bulldogs and has almost certainly played his last game in a Blues jersey.

Many would agree the team is actually stronger with the in-form Morris coming into the side after his outstanding performances for the Bulldogs this year.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25745830-5006066,00.html

ManlyBacker link said:
Many would agree the team is actually stronger with the in-form Morris coming into the side after his outstanding performances for the Bulldogs this year.

I certainly do not. Scrap Gidley and then the team will be stronger

**** me, my Fantasy side is in poor nick for the next 2 weeks !!!

3 Sharks players, Goodwin, Eastwood and Morris all in my side, along with TLL and Waterhouse. I was looking sweet for my 6 transfers and will be at least 2 down, and it doesn't get any better the next week with 2 Dragons and Knights in my side who have the bye !!

They should've picked Cooper instead of Morris.  Absolutely, based on the fact that i don't want him playing for the Dragons when we could have SIX players out.

Does anyone know the injury?  Hopefully it's NSW doing something proper ie not waiting til the last minute or playing half busted players and Jamie could recover by Sunday.  But if he's really out then boy will we have a fight on our hands...

What is it with those Morris boys?  Their head looks like a peanut on a plank.  I find them exceedingly ugly and irritating. 

Crusher_Cleal link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=180993.msg231380#msg231380 date=1246946431]
What is it with those Morris boys?  Their head looks like a peanut on a plank.  I find them exceedingly ugly and irritating. 
And if he was a QLD'er, Mata?
[/quote]  I would tolerate them 3 times a year (like that horrible little cretin that captains the Storm).

Edited from the Manly Daily:

MANLY centre Jamie Lyon may have played his last game for NSW after he was ruled out of State of Origin III with an ankle injury on Tuesday.

Lyon was rubbed out of next Wednesday’s match in Brisbane with a high ankle sprain. Lyon, who carried a similar injury into game II last month, aggravated the problem in Manly’s gritty 19-12 win over the Bulldogs on Monday night.

He was sent for an MRI scan following Tuesday’s team medical at ANZ Stadium and was later ruled out, Bulldogs centre Josh Morris called in as his replacement.

It would seem now Lyon has almost certainly played his last game in a Blues jersey.

The 27-year-old was originally reluctant to play rep football this season but was denied an exemption by the ARL.

It’s understood Lyon will be eligible for an exemption in 2010.

CliffyIsGod link said:
Why exempt in 2010 but not 2009?
When he applied this year:
"ARL chief executive Geoff Carr said: "The ARL has specific guidelines players must meet and Jamie fell a little short of them.

"Players who have played for 10 years in the NRL are generally granted exemptions and there are other factors such as their age, contribution to representative football and injury records.''

Which still means that they could decide not to exempt him, or they may. Who knows...

Matas, you're right about the Morris twins.  Their heads are really quite small and their mouths are very strange.  Very small openings.  I've never heard them talk, so can't comment on whether they squeak or talk normally.  But I would suspect a squeak or at least a high pitched tone.  On our Tony, he's got quite the strangest body.  Short legs for a large man.  Very sliverian.     

Zep link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=180993.msg231366#msg231366 date=1246944034]

I certainly do not. Scrap Gidley and then the team will be stronger
[/quote]

Haha. I laughed at that with Phil Rothfield's total editorialising of what was supposed to be a news update on the Origin squad.

Buzz! We know you don't like Lyon!

And you will never see him say a bad word about Gidley... it just won't happen.

It's as likely as seeing me saying something complimentary about the same player...

No Clon, NSW docs ruled him out

Earlier in the year, Cooper was ruled out of Country but played for Saints that weekend

Phil Rothfield is doing his blog on the Telegraph and someone asked the question.  His response was:
NSW doctor ruled Lyon out, he's okay to play if fit.  If Manly's doc ruled him out then he can't play against Dragons.

So....  let's hope Lyon gets better before Sunday.  No doubt Des will give him til kick off.

There was a sports segment on either Ch7 or 9 and it was reported that David Williams was unable to train with the squad today due to a knee complaint. He is expected to be fine for the game next Wednesday.

ManlyBacker link said:
There was a sports segment on either Ch7 or 9 and it was reported that David Williams was unable to train with the squad today due to a knee complaint. He is expected to be fine for the game next Wednesday.

And Choc apparently.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7