Lyon to play 5/8th, not centre

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Downie

Reserve Grader
From this article here, it says:

'Hasler says it is important to have the vital one, six, seven and nine positions stable for the two matches.

"We will be keen to have Brett Stewart, Jamie Lyon, Matt Orford and Matt Ballin get as much playing time as possible in the London match. They are the key combinations for a good performance," he said.'

So I guess that means either Tony Williams or even Bani will get the vacant centre position? Neumann maybe?

its been along time since we have had the same 6 and 7 combo two years in a row
it goes back to 1995 and 1996

My money is on Tony Williams ;)
David Williams is suspect in Defence, Michael Bani is a better choice at centre.
Neuman may get a shot.

if his defense is up to it
id like to see bailey at lock
it would provide another point of attack besides ox and killer and also another option kicker.

It was amazing how much better ox kicked when he wasnt kicking every set, he had so much more time because the opposition didnt know whether rush him or rush jamie.

Why persist with Neuman.  Jesus there are way too many options for me.  Where will Cuthbo fit in?  We need a YART to start the ball rolling.   

1. Tony Williams was purchased to be a foward, not a back. (Regardless of where he has played previously)
2. Des has been grooming Neumann for first grade.

DSM5 link said:
Why persist with Neuman.  Jesus there are way too many options for me.  Where will Cuthbo fit in?  We need a YART to start the ball rolling.   

1. Brett Stewart
2. Michael Robertson
3. Steve Matai
4. Michael Bani/David Williams/Shane Neumann/Tony Williams/Jamie Lyon
5. David Williams/Michael Bani
6. Jamie Lyon/Chris Bailey
7. Matt Orford
8. Brent Kite
9. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Glenn Hall/Glenn Stewart/Tony Williams/Adam Cuthbertson
13. Glenn Stewart/Chris Bailey/Adam Cuthbertson/Shane Rodney/Glenn Hall

14. Heath L'Estrange
15. Jason King
16 and 17. Adam Cuthbertson/Tony Williams/Glenn Hall/Shane Rodney/Chris Bailey/Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

So how I see it, there are only ten positions which are more-or-less certain and seven which have a number of options. Glenn Stewart would have a guaranteed starting spot, just not sure if at lock or in the second row.

I'd probably prefer Lyon at centre and Bailey 5/8th, but that doesn't look like happening.

Clon's YART

Stewart
D Williams
Nuemann
Matai
Robbo
Lyon
Orford
Hall
Stewart
Watmough
Kite
Ballin
Perry

Bailey
King
T Williams
Cuthbo

Bench may be one prop short though.

Preferred team:

B Stewart
Robertson
Matai
Neumann
D Williams
Lyon
Orford
Kite
Ballin
Perry
Watmough
Hall
G Stewart

L'Estrange
King
Cuthbertson
T Williams

However if Neumann doesn't fire, Lyon to centre and Bailey to 5/8th.

you can't have lyon anywhere else but 5/8 after his late season form last year.... they should (not saying he would) be selected as the NSW 5/8 as he is the best that we have.

My Preferred Side for 2009

1.  B Stewart
2.  D Williams
3.  T Williams
4.  S Matai
5.  M Robertson
6.  J Lyon
7.  M Orford
8.  J Perry
9.  M Ballin
10. B Kite
11. A Watmough
12. G Stewart
13. C Bailey

14. Le Strange
15. G Hall
16. J King
17. A Cuthbertson

Bailey will get lock no doubt about it, Lyon will don the 6... has to after last years effort and combination with Orford.

Glenn Hall will play a similar role to what Mark Bryant has done for us off the bench only better.

The only ??? for me is who will partner Matai in the centres..... if its not Tony Williams it has to be Bani or Neuman.

Our Mr Fix it now that Menzies is gone  :'( will probably be Bailey & T Williams both can play just about anywhere on the park if needed.

Downie link said:
1. Brett Stewart
2. Michael Robertson
3. Steve Matai
4. Michael Bani/David Williams/Shane Neumann/Tony Williams/Jamie Lyon
5. David Williams/Michael Bani
6. Jamie Lyon/Chris Bailey
7. Matt Orford
8. Brent Kite
9. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Glenn Hall/Glenn Stewart/Tony Williams/Adam Cuthbertson
13. Glenn Stewart/Chris Bailey/Adam Cuthbertson/Shane Rodney/Glenn Hall

14. Heath L'Estrange
15. Jason King
16 and 17. Adam Cuthbertson/Tony Williams/Glenn Hall/Shane Rodney/Chris Bailey/Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Geez that's a good solid list of players.  i'm just going  :eek:

What about Hoppa Jr.......you would have to think whoever is in the centres would be a short term proposition i.e. 1 year or two until he is up to speed (in my mind discounting T Williams)

King link said:
Our Mr Fix it now that Menzies is gone 
:( i still get said when i think about that how weird is it gonna be seeing the side run on without him

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6