Lyon was right...refs stank

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Make up your own minds on this one. For mine he has lost control of the ball and didn't regain it until after the ball had hit the ground.
13669689_10210061008942177_3787064287672137713_n.jpg

As for Killers comments.....maybe it was the wrong place and time to say it, but he was dead right and only said what most fair minded league fans think when watching every NRL game regardless if their team is playing.

One thing I will say though is that Perenara actually handled it pretty well. I know he's a crap ref most times and is living proof that not all ex-first graders made for good referees, but the reality is that he could have blown up delux at Killer for his comments, but he didn't. He just told Killer that it was up to him as Manly captain to make sure we didn't give cause for him to award those penalties and then got on with the game. He could have made a big issue out of it but let it slide. There are one or two other refs in the NRL (e.g. Horsehead and Cecchin) who would have overreacted.

http://www.nrl.com/joe-burgess-no-try-decision--new-vision/tabid/10874/newsid/99604/default.aspx

Joe Burgess no-try decision - new vision

The NRL has released new vision supporting the Joe Burgess no try decision from the Round 20 NRL Telstra Premeirship match between South Sydney and Manly at Allianz Stadium.

NRL General Manager - Officiating Tony Archer has explained the Joe Burgess no-try ruling.

"In last night's match between the Rabbitohs and Sea Eagles, the video referee overturned a try awarded to Joe Burgess by the on-field referee. The reason was that he was ruled to have lost possession of the ball prior to grounding it," Archer told NRL.com.

"In the event that a player loses possession he must regain possession by re-grip, re-catch or taking hold of the ball prior to grounding the ball.

"After bunker officials reviewed all available angles on this play, they correctly ruled that there was sufficient evidence to determine Burgess lost possession of the ball and fails to re-grip the ball before attempting to ground it.

"However, the bunker officials did not include all relevant angles in the vision provided to the broadcasters and this oversight added to the confusion over the decision.

"Transparency is an important part of the bunker operations, so it is regrettable this angle was not included in last night’s coverage."

oh come on if the the re grip stuff comes into it WTF. It was an excuse not to award the try. It looked like a try and should have been awarded. This is coming from a diehard manly supporter. There were so many other instance that went against us.

But it really does sh*t me when a try that should be awarded is not ... I know there are all these things that can be looked at an examined but in my view if it looks like a try it is a try.

The rule is ridiculous. If a player drops the ball and regains it before it hits the ground or another player it is play-on. So what's the difference when scoring a try? If the player's hand retains contact with the ball and forces it over the tryline it should be a try, imo.

oh come on if the the re grip stuff comes into it WTF. It was an excuse not to award the try. It looked like a try and should have been awarded. This is coming from a diehard manly supporter. There were so many other instance that went against us.

But it really does sh*t me when a try that should be awarded is not ... I know there are all these things that can be looked at an examined but in my view if it looks like a try it is a try.

I agree, also if it had been one of the nrl's chosen wonder boys the try would automatically have been given. If it had been a Manly player I doubt it would have been given either. Reverse the situation and it had been a Manly player in question there would be zero debate by anyone in the media/commentary either.

If a player manages to get over the line and get the ball down that closely, it is a tough call going against giving the try.

As for the constant rule changes, who starts that process, is it all manufactured by the refs or is it from input from players, coaches etc. if it is all the doing of the refs, it is another indication of how they have way too much power and are killing the game

Folks, lets get over it!
Our team has lost games in the past when a wrong ref/bunker call was made.
Assuming that it was a legit try, and was wrongly disallowed - Who cares?
WE WON THE GAME! This one went our way!

again, get over it!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4