• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Just looking through the scorecard and saw this bloke there, never heard of him ! So thought I would look up his record figuring he must have done something good to make the side, and it is 14 wickets @ 45 or something like that

How the hell has he gotten a run ????

the cupboard is pretty bare KE.

already in the record books, wicket with his first ball in test cricket.

Lyon was the groundsman at the Adelaide Test. Bowled a few in the nets and snuck into the state 2020 side and from there into the test side. Bowls donkey-drop off spinners but at least turns it.

Its what happens when you go through a dozen spinners since Warney and dont give them the chance to find their feet before you sack them - they all go to pot after that.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Just looking through the scorecard and saw this bloke there, never heard of him ! So thought I would look up his record figuring he must have done something good to make the side, and it is 14 wickets @ 45 or something like that

How the hell has he gotten a run ????

Maybe they thought it was 'Jamie'?;)

He got a wicket with his first ball in test cricket today (Sangakarra). Only the 2nd Aussie to do it?

Good effort on debut !! best FC bowling figures

What is the state of this deck they are playing on ??? I see their opening bowler has figures of 3-3-0-1 and he is yanked off for the spinners, must be turning square

Ignore Shane KE.

Basically they shaved it before day 1, a dustbowl and turning square is right, plenty going through the top.

any spinner who puts a bit on the ball is getting a lot of grip on this deck, would have been interesting to see how it went on day 5, but it will be finished tomorrow or early day 4.

Dont know? Is it over 20 with all his wickets added together(Re:Haddin)?
I honestly dont know

Sorry the wickets id seen were uneven bounce wickets and i figured with Watson carving some as Watson SWINGS the ball

I heard Watson got a 3/for

And yes,i know what Lyon did but i rate Watson's bowling as slow and predictable (Hence Haddin sitting ontop of the stumps with batsmen who use their feet)

The Gronk said:
Lyon was the groundsman at the Adelaide Test. Bowled a few in the nets and snuck into the state 2020 side and from there into the test side. Bowls donkey-drop off spinners but at least turns it.

Its what happens when you go through a dozen spinners since Warney and dont give them the chance to find their feet before you sack them - they all go to pot after that.

Lyon actually grew up in Young and moved To Canberra a few years ago and played there for a bit, he moved to Adelaide to try and crack their squad, and was working on the groundstaff to pay the bills while training and playing the district level stuff down there.

So yeah he did come from the groundstaff but it wasnt like he was mowing the lawn and rolled a few over in the nets on his lunchbreak :)

Interestingly he came through a lot of the same Junior Pathways as Trent Copeland, though he is a bit younger by a year or 2, but neither has been through the academy or center of excellence or that sort of talent identification stuff.

they did it the old fashioned way, hard work.

I don't know if Lyon exactly did things the old fashioned way. He has only played a handful of Shield Games yet he is already in the test team.

Not a great advertisement for the academy when all their graduates get dropped.

check how many games one SK warne played prior to test call up. (and thats where i suspect the comparisons should end :))

yep, the academy has definately lost its aura, its up the **** these days, has gone a long way from its early days, all downhill

Bradza said:
We need Lyon on Sunday so I hope the test only runs 3 days.

Should be fine. Finish tonight and fly back Saturday. With all the other players out this is a godsend!

Fro said:
The Gronk said:

Lyon actually grew up in Young and moved To Canberra a few years ago and played there for a bit, he moved to Adelaide to try and crack their squad, and was working on the groundstaff to pay the bills while training and playing the district level stuff down there.

So yeah he did come from the groundstaff but it wasnt like he was mowing the lawn and rolled a few over in the nets on his lunchbreak :)

Interestingly he came through a lot of the same Junior Pathways as Trent Copeland, though he is a bit younger by a year or 2, but neither has been through the academy or center of excellence or that sort of talent identification stuff.

they did it the old fashioned way, hard work.

Fro said:
check how many games one SK warne played prior to test call up. (and thats where i suspect the comparisons should end :))

yep, the academy has definately lost its aura, its up the s**t these days, has gone a long way from its early days, all downhill

And that's the issue. When we had Warney we just assumed spinners would be coming out of the woodwork to copy him, but it never happened. Now we're reduced to trying to get lucky again and find someone out of the woodwork rather than developing them.

correct. that part of it i was in total agreement.

Hell I thought Beau Casson was worth an extended run.

Hopefully with Hilditch on his bike things may change.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6