• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Not that we needed a reminder of how
important he is to the side...but last night
just magnified it.
DCE I'm sure will be around at Jamie's house this week
working the tiger balm into that elbow injury,
praying for his return.

and there I was lol-ing at Sandows effort on buhrer, then Roberts makes DCE his bitch!:(

In Manly's game against the eels, when Cherry-Evans was doing the field goal duties, I'll just say this: Cherry-Evans IS NO Jamie Lyon. Perhaps if Matai was assigned the goal kicking duties like he once did, then, maybe...?

wombatgc said:
Not that we needed a reminder of how
important he is to the side...but last night
just magnified it.
DCE I'm sure will be around at Jamie's house this week
working the tiger balm into that elbow injury,
praying for his return.
Dce is not the only one.

Kind of wish he was turning 21 next year not 31, I'd love to see us have him for another decade...even with the blinkers off, I still reckon he's the best centre getting round.

manlyborn said:
Kind of wish he was turning 21 next year not 31, I'd love to see us have him for another decade...even with the blinkers off, I still reckon he's the best centre getting round.

He is just a complete footballer. One of Manly's best ever players. A great irreplaceable loss for us when he calls it a day.

sure I agree he has been playing well

BUT how many line breaks have we made dwon the right edge since Glenn Stewart hs been injured ?

On Saturday the only promising attack was on the left side.

Lyon looks fit for first local game
Rugby League

2 Apr 12 @ 04:59pm by Jon Geddes

THE Sea Eagles are confident co-captain Jamie Lyon will be fit to return to the side for the first home game of the season against Penrith next Monday night.

Pivot Kieran Foran, who was a casualty in the game against the Eels on Saturday, is in doubt.

The club was waiting for the result of scans on his hamstring late on Monday.

Foran will then be assessed by the club doctor before deciding whether he will have to spend any time on the sideline.

Lyon was a late withdrawal from the 29-20 loss to Parramatta at Parramatta Stadium due to an elbow injury.

The Sea Eagles kept him out as a precaution as they did not want him to aggravate the injury.

The other player causing concern for the club is fullback Brett Stewart, who took a knock to the ribs during Saturday night’s game.

He was being monitored by the club’s medical staff, but yesterday he was expected to be right to play against the Panthers in the Easter Monday clash.
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/lyon-looks-fit-for-first-local-game/

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
sure I agree he has been playing well

BUT how many line breaks have we made dwon the right edge since Glenn Stewart hs been injured ?

On Saturday the only promising attack was on the left side.
g'day all,But look at the player who has replaced him ernie,while harrison is a willing worker he's no ball runner and i think we would be better served with someone who can come onto the ball straight and hard and can hit a hole,which would at least hold up some inside defenders.
cheers mike

i think that is Harrison's normal role mw. Just think back to his 2 or 3 appearances early last year. He is a ballrunner, not a playmaker, at this stage of his career.

Exactly how did Lyon get injured? At the start of Manly's game against the Eels, it took me a few minutes to realise that Jamie Lyon wasn't in the line up. I was watching the game on Fox Sports 2 and when they brought up the picture of Manly's line up list, before kick-off, it didn't cross my mind to check if Lyons name was listed. I was more surprised to see that Matai had returned a week early.

stewartbrett(female supporter) said:
Exactly how did Lyon get injured? At the start of Manly's game against the Eels, it took me a few minutes to realise that Jamie Lyon wasn't in the line up. I was watching the game on Fox Sports 2 and when they brought up the picture of Manly's line up list, before kick-off, it didn't cross my mind to check if Lyons name was listed. I was more surprised to see that Matai had returned a week early.

I was there. He was leaning on the bar while having a well-earned refreshment, and didn't see that someone had left a tip for the barmaid. The tip was a 20c coin and a 50c coin. When Jamie leaned on them, the two coins flipped weirdly and dug into his funny bone. His elbow joint was temporarily paralysed, to the extent he had to hold his beer in his left arm. He's also been unable to shoot pigs right-handed all week.

SeaEagleRock8 said:

I was there. He was leaning on the bar while having a well-earned refreshment, and didn't see that someone had left a tip for the barmaid. The tip was a 20c coin and a 50c coin. When Jamie leaned on them, the two coins flipped weirdly and dug into his funny bone. His elbow joint was temporarily paralysed, to the extent he had to hold his beer in his left arm. He's also been unable to shoot pigs right-handed all week.

LOLWTF?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!

SeaEagleRock8 said:

SER8, Lyon may have been affected by Saturday Night Palsy!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6