• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ceagle said:
Wasn't he suppose to be having scans by now? Haven't heard much news about his injury today

just read on twitter from sea eagles, Killer will have scans this arvo, with results on Monday. No other serious concerns, just bumps and bruises.

comic097 said:
Ceagle said:
Wasn't he suppose to be having scans by now? Haven't heard much news about his injury today

just read on twitter from sea eagles, Killer will have scans this arvo, with results on Monday. No other serious concerns, just bumps and bruises.

other than possible suspensions that is...

I hear they fear it is a calf tear! :s..with Matai probs gone for a week...big troubles.

It was said in commentary that George Rose revealed to having the same injury once before & it's apparently a muscle that's not needed (I know that sounds strange) & with a needle could play with it!

If that's the case I think Killer will play!

I'm also not so sure Matai will be gone. I'm convinced his arm came up off the ball. I think King's report is more of a concern.

We can cover him though with Gorgeous George raring to go!

Think positive boys & GO MANLY!

COMMANDER said:
I reckon Killer was either gone in the warm up for did it in the first few minutes. No way he lets Morris blow by him @ the 7 minute mark if he's not injured.

He did miss a few vs the tits last week as well

No ice suggests to me that it wasn't the calf

I'm still worried about Ernie's info that it was actually his knee

I think Lyon will be right. The team doctor would surely have iced him up straight away if it was serious (knee or tear). If we lose Kingy, though they say with a guilty plea he won't miss any game time, i think Jamie should have the sole captaincy. I know King likes to lead from the front with aggression, but he got a bit over zealous last week. A cooler head with a controlled aggression would have helped, a bit like Kite's game.

No news on this is bad news. Anything minor like strains or sprains & they would know by now if he would play next week. I fear the worst just like Wolfy.

This is on MWSE. Seems it is definitely calf for Jamie, not knee. Hopefully a minor strain.

Things don't look good for Stevie though with carry over points and loading.

Manly face a nervous wait over the weekend, with four senior players in doubt for next week's elimination final.

The Sea Eagles lost co-captain Jamie Lyon to a calf injury early in last night's 16-10 loss to the Bulldogs and forward Joe Galuvao limped off with the same complaint in the second half.

Galuvao should be fine for Friday night but Lyon will have scans today and will undergo a full injury assessment on Monday.

Perhaps more nerve-wracking will be the wait over Jason King and Steve Matai, who were both put on report for high tackles in the 19th minute of the match.

King was cited for his shot on Aiden Tolman and Matai hit Bulldogs winger Sam Perrett from
the ensuing penalty.

Manly coach Geoff Toovey had little comment on the hits but said the Sea Eagles will overcome adversity, no matter the outcome.

The situation is potential dire for Matai, who has 46 carryover points and a 70 per cent loading from two previous charges, meaning a grade one charge will rule him out for two weeks.

"It was a tough, physical game," he said. "It didn't look too bad to me."

"(But) we'll bounce back next week. There's no problem there. We're a really positive bunch of boys, we know what we need to do."

It definitely looked like a high calf tear - holding the upper calf slightly below the popliteal fossa (the back of the knee) and the absence of plantar flexion in his gait .

Bright news @manlyseaeagles fans: hearing Jamie Lyon is a very good chance to play as he has a high calf strain - less serious than low.

https://twitter.com/josh_massoud

Ceagle said:
Bright news @manlyseaeagles fans: hearing Jamie Lyon is a very good chance to play as he has a high calf strain - less serious than low.

Dean Ritchie said the same thing today on Sunday Sports.

Ceagle said:

Thank god.

Iv heard that plenty of times this year when players are big chance of playing and have missed several weeks. Il believe it when teams are announced an hr before kick off

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4