MAINTAIN THE RAGE - Get Brett his apology

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matabele

Journey Man
Here is this morning's assignment.  A little birdie has given me a way to find the mobile number of the NRL Media and Communications manager.  

Google: 'John Brady NRL' and the first post to show in the search will have the number you need.

Throughout today let's drive him mad by sending this SMS:

When will Gallop apologise to Brett Stewart for his double demerit defamation?

Great idea. I'd also like to know when are Manly getting their $100,000 fine back for apparently bringing the game into disrepute.
If not, are the Tigers & Cowboys going to get the same fine for their players recent arrests? I've had a gutful of the double standards, on & off the field, against our club!
Gallop MUST be accountable!

Interesting when Brett said last night that no-one from the NRL contacted him at any time since the allegations were made.

What idiots do we have running this game.  Totally unprofessional and useless.  Time for all of them to go and none should be associated with the new independant commsion.

EMAILS TO NRL SPONSORS

Let us start the campaign to sponsors of the NRL advertisers on the TV Broadcasts.  The most obvious one I can think of is - VB. 

Here is an email to send them:

I am a Manly fan in solidarity behind the vindicated Brett Stewart.  In March 2009 he was unfairly suspended by the NRL and the Manly club were fined $100,000 by the NRL.  The recent court case has clearly demonstrated Brett Stewart was innocent of all that he was accused of.  Police officers also gave clear evidence at the trial that he was courteous, cooperative and appeared in control.

There is no basis for the suspension or the fine and most likely Brett Stewart’s character and reputation were maligned publicly by the NRL’s action.  Currently David Gallop and the NRL are refusing to publicly recognise or apologise for their error of judgement and the damage done.  Nor will they acknowledge their inconsistency in how they treated this case against other clear examples of public drunkenness from high profile players. 

Manly supporters wish to see Brett Stewart and the Manly club publicly vindicated by the NRL and David Gallop.  You are a major advertiser and sponsor of the NRL.  Please be aware that I will personally boycott the purchase and use of your products until such time as Gallop makes a public apology to Brett Stewart and returns the $100,000 fine imposed on the Manly club.

Go to:  http://www.vb.com.au/ and find the "Contact us" link on the left hand side.  Please don't send this unless you intend to go through with the boycott.  It's crap beer anyway. 

How about a banner or demonstration outside the NRL head office? Something like that is more likely to draw media attention and perhaps embarrass Gallop into reconsidering and rescinding earlier comments and stances, related to Brett Stewart.

WAMF link said:
How about a banner or demonstration outside the NRL head office? Something like that is more likely to draw media attention and perhaps embarrass Gallop into reconsidering and rescinding earlier comments and stances, related to Brett Stewart.
  A good idea and good to add to the list.  But it would only last a few hours.  The NRL will only understand one language - threaten their income stream.  Hence the campaign will also target sponsors through boycotts of their product.

lol jonsey  , its true what you say, but us manly fans want an apology they can call the police & have their cry but all nrl fans  will be on our side for this one, it could happen to their clubs also.. we just want the nrl to say they made a mistake apologise give us back our 100,000 dollars & we will forget about it, until that happens we are allowed  to express our disgust  at david gallop through the freedom of speech that this country allows each of their citizens .. i cut & pasted what mata wrote on another thread & have emailed it to them..

SMS spamming someone is not the way to get progress, you guys are giving us a bad name you can delete my posts all you like Matabele but this is childish rubbish and you know it.

well i was  replying to jonsey post but it dissappeared lol..

Jonesyv2 link said:
SMS spamming someone is not the way to get progress, you guys are giving us a bad name you can delete my posts all you like Matabele but this is childish rubbish and you know it.
  It is born of years of frustration.  It is childish rubbish to refuse to correct a wrong, and to usher a clown like Vautin out onto a stage to do your dirty work for you. 

I appreciate that your heart is in the right place Mata, but personally I think this is going a bit far.

Just sent this to the NRL..............

When is David Gallop going to apologise to Brett Stewart for his disgraceful treatment by the NRL and Gallop over the last 18 months.

The NRL reacted to rumour and innuendo instead of fact. David Gallop had deemed Brett Stewart GUILTY even before he was charged of any offence and he should resign immediately.

Brett Stewart was suspended by the Gallop for being “DRUNK and bringing the game into disrepute” after an official club function.

It has been proven in a court of law that this was not the case and indeed Brett Stewart was always in control, he was polite and courteous to the police officers who interviewed him.

David Gallop and the NRL must apologise to Brett Stewart.

It is about time that the NRL treated there players with some trust and respect.

Brett Stewart has handled himself with great dignity during this whole sorry affair and the NRL must do everything in its powers to help restore his reputation to the levels it was when he was chosen as the “Face of Rugby League” before the start of the 2009 season.

David Gallop is a blight on the great game of Rugby League and MUST resign.
He is nothing short of a disgrace.

I think everyone needs to chillax a little bit.

Do people honestly believe this sort of action is going to help Brett move on?  He has proven himself to be a man full of class and I can't imagine him condoning this is anyway.

Best course of action would be to contact the club and ask them to pass on your best wishes to Brett and ask if there is anything you can do to help.

Mybludog link said:
Just sent this to the NRL..............

When is David Gallop going to apologise to Brett Stewart for his disgraceful treatment by the NRL and Gallop over the last 18 months.

The NRL reacted to rumour and innuendo instead of fact. David Gallop had deemed Brett Stewart GUILTY even before he was charged of any offence and he should resign immediately.

Brett Stewart was suspended by the Gallop for being “DRUNK and bringing the game into disrepute” after an official club function.

It has been proven in a court of law that this was not the case and indeed Brett Stewart was always in control, he was polite and courteous to the police officers who interviewed him.

David Gallop and the NRL must apologise to Brett Stewart.

It is about time that the NRL treated there players with some trust and respect.

Brett Stewart has handled himself with great dignity during this whole sorry affair and the NRL must do everything in its powers to help restore his reputation to the levels it was when he was chosen as the “Face of Rugby League” before the start of the 2009 season.

David Gallop is a blight on the great game of Rugby League and MUST resign.
He is nothing short of a disgrace.
Excellent letter.

Masked Eagle link said:
I think everyone needs to chillax a little bit.

Do people honestly believe this sort of action is going to help Brett move on?  He has proven himself to be a man full of class and I can't imagine him condoning this is anyway.

Best course of action would be to contact the club and ask them to pass on your best wishes to Brett and ask if there is anything you can do to help.
 An apology will provide closure for Brett.  Manly could do with the $100,000.  Noone is being strong armed into participation, but some people want tangible pathways to attempt to make a difference (or at least have their protest registered).  The suggestions here can facilitate that.

Australia post

A post I have taken from David Gallop must say sorry to Brett Stewarts FB page)

posted by Sue;
How about we all write to Australia Post to complain about the deleting Brett from the stamps for TWO years. I wrote back in 2009 saying I was going to boycott Aust Post and got a reply which I still have. Their email address for anyone interested is [email protected]

Whether this is all "childish rubbish",or "going too far",is irrelevant.As long as the people texting,FBing,e-mailing are civil,and keep it straight and truthful (unlike the gallopin' one),I see no harm in it.It's virtually an online petition.Obviously we can't send a written petition around to get ALL Manly supps to sign,so this is the new online way to do things.What do you guys think happens when some of our better known criminals (you know the ones I mean!!) move around the country to find a place to live...people COMMUNICATE to get them moved on from their area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4