Making me sick!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rusty

Bencher
All this St George love in is making me sick, the media are just lapping it up. Makes me truthfully wish them all nothing more then 31 more years in the wilderness.  :p

Credit where it is due, they were the best team all year, they played a successful system, boring but effective and they won a grand final, now can we all move on?

Dynasty seems to get mentioned after every GF in recent years. Unless a team cheats the cap like Melbourne there is no way they can keep winning.

dumb ****s probably think they can win 11 in row.

I wanna put out a challenge to wayne bennett

Its obvious he can coach anyone so theres only one challenge left for him in to the game.

Go to the sharks and see if he can win them a comp if he can do that he can change his name to hudini

Cambo link said:
dumb f**ks probably think they can win 11 in row.

I wanna put out a challenge to wayne bennett

Its obvious he can coach anyone so theres only one challenge left for him in to the game.

Go to the sharks and see if he can win them a comp if he can do that he can change his name to hudini

That would be the 2nd miracle - the pope would have to make him Saint Wayne

Makes me sick that they all claim Bennett has 7/7 GF wins, what about the one he lost to US in '87!

I'm SURE we didn't get this much Media attention- and we broke the all time record for a GF win....
I agree.. it makes me sick- Time to move on!
Here's hoping they get smashed in the WCC!!

Fair enough they get the accolades. It's not really a love in but more a case of a Bennett tribute. They've been the best team for two years, they are well supported, and carry the legacy of the success from the 50's and 60's.

It will always be difficult to maintain some kind of dynasty with Gallop's contriving of an even competition.

blitzkrieg link said:
Makes me sick that they all claim Bennett has 7/7 GF wins, what about the one he lost to US in '87!
don furner was actually the coach bennett was his assistant..

In another few days it will be "St George who??"

There were just 2 stories in yesterdays Courier Mail and today, just one small piece from Warren Ryan about the Roosters, tomorrow there will be nothing.

2010 and is done and dusted,time to move on "The Year of the Snake"

jjai link said:
[quote author=blitzkrieg link=topic=185689.msg301135#msg301135 date=1286318335]
don furner was actually the coach bennett was his assistant..
[/quote]

Officially they were co-coaches, so i'll put it down as a "half" loss ;) :D

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
If they are st george illawarra does this mean they've only won 1 grand final this was a question raised on 2sm talking sport.

That is correct. They have only just won their first grand final.
Refer: http://stats.rleague.com/rl/teams/st_geo-illa/st_geo-illa_ss.html

St. George - Illawarra Dragons are a completely different entity to the St. George Dragons who played their final game at the completion of the 1998 season.
Refer: http://stats.rleague.com/rl/teams/st_george/st_george_ss.html

It's the same as when the Northern Eagles were playing, there is no recognised history stats during that period for Manly (or even Beaver) even though the Northern Eagles played using Manly's licence.
Refer: http://stats.rleague.com/rl/teams/manly/manly_ss.html

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
If they are st george illawarra does this mean they've only won 1 grand final this was a question raised on 2sm talking sport.

This is correct as a merged entity they have won just the one now. Although I would give them all the history etc just to have Menzies listed as a one club player.

Rusty link said:
[quote author=PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link=topic=185689.msg301137#msg301137 date=1286319021]

This is correct as a merged entity they have won just the one now. Although I would give them all the history etc just to have Menzies listed as a one club player.
[/quote]

Damn straight so would I.

Who cares what one website made by jackass morons says?

We should make our own and have history as it was written,not as it was rewritten to help the cause of some moronic needy

some are creationists,others are Darwinians.We are Manly,and Beaver's record,by our standards,is not open for debate.Let the NRL and the ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS think what they like.And,as for brisbane,and mr croaky-they can just go get stuffed!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2