• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
On a day when a great like Kotsy Tsyu gains rightful recognition being inducted into the Hall of Fame it is nice to see a result boxing fans would happily pay for.

953907-dtsplash-anthony-mundine.jpg

"The Boy" should be his new nickname. I wonder how much room the Dragons have in their Salary Cap........

Is there a better sight than seeing the mouth on his arse. Made my day. lol

But in all fairness Mundane was fighting against a world class undefeated boxer last night.  LOL  :D  

Garth Wood undisputed Australian of the year.

Does anyone know if the fight is comming out on DVD?  It would make a great christmas present.  

http://www.foxsports.com.au/other-sports/wood-beats-mundine/video-e6frf56c-1225968017593?subcat=1225914720791

Garth Wood absolutely nailed him, they were some brutal punches and Mundine copped them without any blocking, no way out of it, he got smashed.

Woods hit in the back of the head with a beauty. That aside, Garth smashed Mundane even closer to retirement. I mean, where can he go from here, he's already fighting bums.

It will be a great day for the bogans today.  I thought Garth Woods was a country and western singer.  Clearly he's not the usual kind of cab driver Mundine fights, or a gibbering geriatric the likes of which Danny Green enters the ring with. 

You'd be in mourning today wouldn't you Mata ? now that your hero and champion of the oppressed has got a hiding.

Woods is worse than the normal standard of Mundane opponent, ex Leaguie with about half a dozen bouts under his belt. Just a brawler with no technique. That's the end of Mundane's boxing career, no one in America will take him seriously now, that's presuming that he actually was going to show some balls and go there in the first place instead of just talking about it like he has for the last 5 years. Looks like my children's children's children won't be remembering The Man after all. LOL. 

Meanwhile Danny Green continues to fight world class opponents. What a shame that Mundane will never have the gonads to go up in weight to meet Green again, so that one of the great injustices of Australian sport can be righted.

Chip & Chase link said:
You'd be in mourning today wouldn't you Mata ? now that your hero and champion of the oppressed has got a hiding.

Woods is worse than the normal standard of Mundane opponent, ex Leaguie with about half a dozen bouts under his belt. Just a brawler with no technique. That's the end of Mundane's boxing career, no one in America will take him seriously now, that's presuming that he actually was going to show some balls and go there in the first place instead of just talking about it like he has for the last 5 years. Looks like my children's children's children won't be remembering The Man after all. LOL. 

Meanwhile Danny Green continues to fight world class opponents. What a shame that Mundane will never have the gonads to go up in weight to meet Green again, so that one of the great injustices of Australian sport can be righted.

Amen C&C!

I woke up this morning in a particularly foul mood (slept in) and then was told that 'The Mouth' got his ass handed to him and then my day suddenly got better.

Chip & Chase link said:
Meanwhile Danny Green continues to fight world class opponents.
  Yes, Briggs was world class when it comes to one step away from a wheelchair.

Whether or not it offends your pure white sensibilities, Mundine is one of the preeminent athletes of his generation, certainly in this country. He has displayed a lot of courage, not only in his sporting endeavours (has there ever been a cowardly pro boxer? no) but even more so in his readiness to take a public stance on behalf of his people. Is he a man of supreme intellect and education? No, but he has made his fortune in a white man's world, and he speaks out on behalf of Aboriginal people, who - believe it or not - remain one of the most oppressed on earth, by any objective measure.

I don't care 2 hoots that he got knocked out, at least he stepped up and got in the ring. A lot of the Mundine hatred is of dubious origin, it smacks of the indignation aroused by the success of an 'uppity nigger'.

"In sport I've already achieved greatness in what I've achieved in my career both in boxing and in league, but even more greatness comes from adversity so it could be a blessing in disguise "

Where has Mundine achieved greatness. He was talented and talked big, but in no way does the term 'Great' apply to him.

IMO it has nothing to do with being an 'uppity nigger'. I can feel the bad vibes just for putting that in print and I can't believe you used it. OK, to the real issue. I/We like champs with class. Ones that take the highs and lows with dignity. Champs that can see the worth of an opponent and avoid trash-talking them down. Ones that don't use racist excuses for everything that is happening around them. Ones that clearly see that killing 3000+ innocent people by flying planes into buildings wasn't "deserved".

Maybe, just maybe, if he hadn't treated all of us as idiots that need to bend to his vision of the world as it should be we could actually like him. Is he a great sportsman? - of course he is. Does he deserve the criticism he gets - well IMO he does and that is based on the rubbish that comes out of his mouth. Having read about Choc's efforts at rehabilitating heroin addicts and others in need he gets a huge amount of respect from me - it is just a shame he doesn't have the same respect for the vast majority of us listening to his dribble.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Whether or not it offends your pure white sensibilities, Mundine is one of the preeminent athletes of his generation, certainly in this country. He has displayed a lot of courage, not only in his sporting endeavours (has there ever been a cowardly pro boxer? no) but even more so in his readiness to take a public stance on behalf of his people. Is he a man of supreme intellect and education? No, but he has made his fortune in a white man's world, and he speaks out on behalf of Aboriginal people, who - believe it or not - remain one of the most oppressed on earth, by any objective measure.

I don't care 2 hoots that he got knocked out, at least he stepped up and got in the ring. A lot of the Mundine hatred is of dubious origin, it smacks of the indignation aroused by the success of an 'uppity nigger'.

What absolute rubbish.

He was good rugby league player, definitely not a great and he is a good boxer, but again definitely no great.

ManlyBacker link said:
I/We like champs with class. Ones that take the highs and lows with dignity.
I/We should read WASP Australians.  Some countries like their heroes in an entirely different format (none more so than Americans whose very sport is tailored to produce the type of hero they like).  Not saying it's right or wrong, just an observation that it is not a universal trait of champion.

To be honest I agree with clontaago.  Good at league and boxing but far from great.  However, I respect how he has used his pedestal to line up a few sacred national cows.

I like winding the Mundane fan club up. I can't talk for everyone, but the majority of people I know "dislike" Mundane for his carefully crafted media persona...absolutely nothing to do with him being black, white or yellow. It's his constant insulting of the fans intelligence by claiming to be the greatest (at league or boxing) when anyone with half an idea can see that he has clearly not scaled to anywhere near the heights to be considered a legend. Ironic that Mundane brings race into it when he claims that his failure to succeed is due to racism in his chosen sport (LOL, RL would have to have the highest %age of indigenous representation of any sport, except for maybe AFL). He likes to "talk the talk" to sell tickets,.... that's fine but after a while the failure to "walk the walk" just alienates him from the sporting public. You can't play them for fools and expect them to support you.

The frustrating thing is that he is an amazing athlete and could be as good as he claims he is if only he just shut up and let his actions prove it. I would love nothing more than to cheer on Mundane in the Kangaroo jersey or support him in his bid for a genuine world title belt, he just makes it too hard to put up with his BS. Nothing to do with the fact that he is a Koori.   

SeaEagleRock8 link said:

[applauded]

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7