Man Vs Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagleE

Reserve Grader
To settle a bet. If an average man wanted to play a game against Manly, how many minutes would he last. This said man is average height about 178cm. Average weight about 80-90kg. Average fitness, speed and strength.

I would say the average man would last about 3-5 mins. Would miss most tackles in that period. Would definitely fall behind the pace. Maybe take 1-2 hit ups and come away with injuries or be sore for at least a few days later.

This is like the old game of would you last 1 round with Mike Tyson?

Would it be 1 average man Vs the whole Manly team? If he played against the dogs I reckon it'd go to golden point.

Mate if you can't last more than 3-5 minutes at close to full intensity then you are not average fitness. 3-5 minutes is not very long to go flat out on a football field regardless of the level.

Having said that, the quality of your minutes would most likely be ****e!

bones said:
Would it be 1 average man Vs the whole Manly team? If he played against the dogs I reckon it'd go to golden point.

Said man is 25 yrs old. He is slotting into say a secondrow/ lock position.

I'd imagine he would be dead or close to it within minutes, particularly as the average man in the street has never played a game of league in his life.

These guys are skilled, trained to the minute, fed a nasty diet and ready to hammer anyone who cannot protect themselves 100% of the time.

Have the medi cab started.

an 80 kg 178cm bloke in the backrow? He would be smashed! and rightly so, you are talking about the personal specs of a halfback or 5/8 there.

one man against a whole team would last minutes. One man hiding on the wing would last half a game easy

I'd play like Jamie Soward. When I got the ball I'd kick it while standing 10 metres behind the defensive line, and when defending I'd be hiding on the wing.
I reckon my fitness may last a few minutes, by Des would hook me well before then.

Depends if he is starting ..
Starting the game would be a lot harder than say coming off the bench after 20 minutes, especially if your team has already got it all over the opposition..
If the other players helped/covered you in defence (bit like how tigers did with benji)you could probably last 20 minutes trick is to no get tackled, so quick hands & feet are needed lol..

Mere mortals would not last very long at all in that situation. I played a little league as a teenager & fancied myself as a solid player. Then one day as a relatively fit 15 year old I was in a game with some local kids & Kerrie Bousted who lived at beacon hill at the time he was with manly. He was playing at half pace but there was no way we could get past him & he could catch us over 20 metres even with a 10 metre head start. He was a little guy and it was the 80s - imagine getting tackled by a modern day forward?

What if this one man kicked off from the beginning, Manly scored from their first set of six by passing out wide and running directly to the try line, converting, and the same thing repeating over and over?

So all the one man does is kick off, run down and then give chase, to which he'd only be at the halfway line by the time Manly scores, has a small breather during the conversion and repeat. Could last a while!

Unless i've missed everything and this one man is part of a team then yes, couple o' mins he'd last

bob dylan said:
I'd imagine he would be dead or close to it within minutes, particularly as the average man in the street has never played a game of league in his life.

These guys are skilled, trained to the minute, fed a nasty diet and ready to hammer anyone who cannot protect themselves 100% of the time.

Have the medi cab started.

Totally and utterly agree. Even if he was a soccer player he would be creamed and not get up. If it was me - I'm that average man apart from the age - I would not want to take a hit up and only join in a tackle after someone else has done the hard work. Personally, I would be freaking out if I was on the field.

Jatz Crackers said:
Thought this thread was going to the story of Bear Grylls surviving the dangers of the corso on a saturday night.

Probably want waterproof pants and shoes on

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4