Man who slit wife's throat was 'provoked'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter

A MAN who slit his wife's throat while his sons listened at the door says he was provoked by her infidelity, a Brisbane court has been told.

Hasan Abusoud, 38, has pleaded not guilty to the murder of his wife Hoda, then 33, despite admitting killing her early on November 16 2005.

He says he was provoked into the attack by his wife's admissions she was having an affair and had never found him attractive during their arranged marriage.

The Supreme Court in Brisbane was told today that Mr Abusoud attacked his wife in the bedroom of their Slacks Creek home after she returned from a shift as a cab driver.

Prosecutor Vicki Loury said Mr Abusoud used kitchen knives to stab his wife in the head, torso, neck and arms before slitting her throat.

She said Mrs Abusoud desperately tried to protect herself by grabbing the blades of the knives but was overpowered.

Mrs Abusoud also called for help from her two sons, aged 12 and 13, but Mr Abusoud yelled at them not to come in.

They listened to the attack from outside the door, the court was told.

Ms Loury said that after the attack, Mr Abusoud told his sons and their sister, also 12, that their mother was sleeping and drove them to school.

He returned that afternoon and dropped the children off at a friend's house, promising to return in a few hours after visiting his wife, who he said was in hospital.

Police found Mrs Abusoud's body at the house the following day.

Mr Abusoud admitted to killing his wife and said he became enraged when she told him of the affair with a work colleague, Ms Loury told the court.

"(He said) his blood was boiling as he pictured her with another man," she said.

Mrs Abusoud's brother Abdul said his sister and Mr Abusoud were cousins who wed in an arranged marriage in Jordan in the early 1990s.

The trial before Justice Ann Lyons continues.

Interesting take on that Mata: I guess you could also just say "Men!" as in more cases than not, it's men that do this.

I prefer to steer away from the race card and (even the arranged marriage card, not that I agree with it) and prefer just to blame psychotic, selfworth-less(?) men.

Daniel, hopefully that proves once and for all that Mata and I have not merged our accounts :)

At least he didn't chop her to bits like this gringo I suppose:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/horror-novelist-boils-girlfriends-flesh/2007/10/12/1191696117557.html

I prefer to steer away from the race card and (even the arranged marriage card, not that I agree with it) and prefer just to blame psychotic, selfworth-less(?) men.

You have to remember I come from a background where we are not afriad to point out where certain racial groups have a higher incidence of certain activities.

Like africans and the spread of aids and starvation?

Like africans and the spread of aids and starvation?

We wouldn't be talking about it with reference to Zimbabwe if the rhodesian blueprint for power-sharing been followed.

Instead the world schmucks foisted Mugabe on us.

I am not sure that the world schmucks foisted Mugabe on anyone. He took power in the vacuum and the world has stood quietly back and taken no action since, in the name of diplomacy. Done in the same way despots such as Noriega, Hussein etc were allowed to exist as it suited US foreign policy at the time.

Ask Malcolm Fraser and his cronies CW.

thats if you can get a word out of him on the issue, he has been strangely quiet on the issue for the last few years.

I am not sure that the world schmucks foisted Mugabe on anyone. He took power in the vacuum and the world has stood quietly back and taken no action since, in the name of diplomacy. Done in the same way despots such as Noriega, Hussein etc were allowed to exist as it suited US foreign policy at the time.

BS! You don't know your history. I lived it.

It's a pity we didn't press the green button on the planned mass assasination of the UN "peace keepers".

Zimbabwe would not have to suffer under Mugabe if they had oil.

I don't pretend to know African history and don't doubt that Mugabe is a corrupt butcher etc. My point is that his rise to power and subsequent 'reign' is as a basis of a complex set of circumstances. International diplomacy is a hard game to play - and a lot of factors are at play including what went on before etc

Is Mugabe going to the CHOGM to be held in Uganda (I think) in about six weeks time? Or has he been blacklisted?

Zimbabwe is no longer a member of the Commonwealth. Funny that.

Mugabe was installed by Western superpowers that held a gun to South Africa's head and told them they'd sanction them too if they didn't stop our supply of oil (Zimbabwe is landlocked).

Where are those wise powers (yes you Fraser you schmuck) now?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8