Manase Fainu - Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I see it somewhat differently. I felt the pathways structure was fine. A lot of talented kids were coming through, and the benefit of them growing up together meant they knew each others game and the Manly style. However, I felt the next step was flawed. The old reserves, under 23s allowed players to adapt to tougher conditions more gradually.

The other problem at Manly was that they went through a decade of success with a group of talented players who suddenly all left at once, leaving serious gaps. Add to that a spate of injuries to their better players and a salary cap debacle. Manly started to seek quick fix solutions and showed diminishing patience with younger players who didn't meet the standards immediately. Expectations I felt were unrealistic. I've discussed this before. Gutherson was the first, but there's been a string that followed. Tom Wright (and I know the arguments), who went on to be now the top full back in Australian Rugby. Albert Hopoate, who established himself as the permanent winger in the Canberra side (consistently makes more ground than others in the team, but off at present with nasty burn), and now Latu Fainu as examples. Top young players who needed time to develop. This would not have happened in the past. Manly tended to hold onto their top juniors more consistently in the past and that's why they succeeded.

Now I'll await the plethora of opposing responses.

To me, that all comes down to our illustrious owner, and his love of KPIs.

Coaches then obviously want instant results to meet said KPIs.

There is no room for patience.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9