Manly 2008 vs Manly 2011

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
Happy New Year to you all at Silvertails.

Challenge of the day:

Manly 2008 vs Manly 2011 as they were on their respective grand final days.

Who wins, and by what score?

NYEagle

Ox was truly sublime that day,DCE is a great player but he wasn't sublime and the scoreboard showed it

40-0 speaks for itself

The great Ron Massey said he has never seen any team play better than the Manly 2008 GF side that day.

Hard to disagree.

The Eagle said:
Ox was truly sublime that day,DCE is a great player but he wasn't sublime and the scoreboard showed it

40-0 speaks for itself
I loved ox. I just think Dce is going to be so much better.

He will be alot more consistant than Ox,all Ox couldnt do that day was kick ****ing goals, but noone could that day

2008 team were the better team on the day but I believe the 2011 Manly team is a stronger team.

D.C.Evans v M.Orford, T-Rex v Hall, Hopoate v Wolfman Williams & having J.Lyons in the centers & leaving the five-eight position to K.Foran.

Ox earned every penny of his full several year contract on GF day. One of the best GF performances from a half in a while.

I think the 08 team just get up, our attack was too potent on the day with outstanding defence

2008 was the best GF I've seen. Beaver scoring in his last game for us topped off an incredible win. I think the 2008 team were superior but maybe the best is yet to come from the current roster.

I'l go against the trend and say 11 side is better than 08 side. IMO 11 side had better halves, centre pairing and better backrow.

The 08 sides performance in GF obviously the best ever, but if they were to play against each other it's the 11 team to triumph for me.

2011 was a more mature Team than the 2008. There were 9 veterans that enabled the inexperienced halves to mold into such a cohesive unit.
They both earned their Premiership rings on skill,teamwork and effort.

2012 still has 8 of the 'Foundation Team' left. with only Matai,Choc and King left to score a try in a winning GF for Manly :D

'08 because it was a big effort after the club had almost closed its doors just 4 years earlier. You look at many of the other clubs cop a hit to their business and it replicates into their football operations. The Manly were able to work past that and rebuild, should be the story of the NRL in the 00's. The resultant scoreline just made it more sweeter after the '07 capitulation.

'11 was a great result also as we got to see some brilliant talent step-up, but the result was somewhat subdued in the washup. Shame, that.

The '08 side was on fire that day. No team could have beaten them in history of league on that particular day.
The closest performance that I have ever seen was the Manly team that beat the Cowboys in the semi final in '11. They put on 40 points in 34 minutes without any errors in the second half.

2011 was a crowning achievement by a squad written off at the start of the year. No one thought they could come back from the last 2 years of trouble and win it. It was a remarkable victory and one of Manly's finest by a squad which had no weakness from 1 to 25. Our halves are far better than 2008 and we played a much stronger fitter and faster opponent in 2011. The Storm were gone in 2008 without Smith,Hoffman and carrying many injuries. I would back the 2011 squad over the 2008 due to the halves and centers.

Cambo said:
08 just. With the exception of the no 7 2008 is equal to or better all over the park n

yeah i think in 08 we had more forward depth bryant, hall, cuthbertson,rose & menzies... with perry, kite. ballin, watmough, king & stewart

As we are only talking GF, the 08 team would have to have it. They did win 40 nil. Ox probably played the best game of his career that day.

This said the '11 side are a very good team, and considering very young halves combination, they played extremely well.

Opponent-wise i thought the warriors played better and were stronger opponents on the day then the storm back in 08 which is a consideration in my books.

Eagles2nv said:
As we are only talking GF, the 08 team would have to have it. They did win 40 nil. Ox probably played the best game of his career that day.

This said the '11 side are a very good team, and considering very young halves combination, they played extremely well.

Opponent-wise i thought the warriors played better and were stronger opponents on the day then the storm back in 08 which is a consideration in my books.

Our halves are young in age only. They both have very level heads and both have that will to win at all costs. It's a pity neither are N.S.W. products.;)

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8