Manly and the GFC

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
I was telling my wife about the big win by the boys at the WCC and how impressive they were looking forward to this season.

We did some A&Ls on our financial situation on the weekend and have taken a big hit thanks to the Global Financial Crisis in a number of places. Not nice realising you are down a lot from a year before.

I suggested that seeing that some of our investments are showing such poor returns that a better 'investment' would be a sizeable amount on Manly to win the Premiership this year @ $4.25. Believe it or not she has agreed and it is going in the portfolio. She says it is covered by Rudd's upcoming economy stimulus cheque :)

As a discredited financial advisor of some note on here I look forward to my commission cheques from all of your profits!  ;D

You sound like one of those investment banks that recommended low doc loans as a great super investment

The Wheel link said:
You sound like one of those investment banks that recommended low doc loans as a great super investment
I learnt all the tricks from Colonial First State hehehe

Iv'e had some wonderful investment advice these last 5 years...very pleased to advise you that I "did" have moeny invested in Allco Finance Group (well Record Investments who then got taken over by Allco) and ABC Learning centres.....I say "did" as that $80,000 is no more, not even a penny of it!!

So yes maybe $900 at $4.25 is a good bet...Thanks Kevin07 and Manlybacker!!

Sounds like a better investment than putting my money into super or shares MB.

I spoke to the guy who was on 60 minutes last Sunday and he put me in touch with his financial adviser from storm.

Even though I only earn $26k pa they have arranged a loan of $2m from the Commonwealth bank with interest capitalised for 12 months.  They called it something like a low doc or liar loan.  Not sure what they mean.

Anyway they said that my investment would be safe as your strategy was low risk.

If we win in 2009 I can pay the loan back.  If they lose then I will see you on 60 minutes.

Better still have the $2 million on Norths trophy cabinet remaining empty again in 2009

Dear Mr Tookey,

WE at MB Bank are pleased that you have joined our team of succesful investors and heartily support the strategy you have undertaken. Due to your important client status and as an advisor and former Storm board director I will limit my trailing commission to only 1.65% (for 7 months) of funds under management equating to approximately $19,250.

If we beat the NRL index come GF day then an extra 2% bonus (over then total portfolio funds) equalling $130,000 will be due.

It has been a pleasure in securing the future financial security of you and your family. I look forward to providing further assistance in ensuring your new portfolio of $6,5000,000, less commissions, is working for you.

CEO
MB Bank

The Wheel link said:
Better still have the $2 million on Norths trophy cabinet remaining empty again in 2009

They might win reserve grade or SG Ball again. 

Wheel did you watch the storm story on 60 mintes last Sunday.  Looks like someone in the CBA is going to have some fun explaing to the court how they gave a retired guy on $26k pa a loan for $2m to buy shares.  And from what i have heard he is not alone. 

ManlyBacker link said:
Dear Mr Tookey,

WE at MB Bank are pleased that you have joined our team of succesful investors and heartily support the strategy you have undertaken. Due to your important client status and as an advisor and former Storm board director I will limit my trailing commission to only 1.65% (for 7 months) of funds under management equating to approximately $19,250.

If we beat the NRL index come GF day then an extra 2% bonus (over then total portfolio funds) equalling $130,000 will be due.

It has been a pleasure in securing the future financial security of you and your family. I look forward to providing further assistance in ensuring your new portfolio of $6,5000,000, less commissions, is working for you.

CEO
MB Bank

Dear MB Bank

Could you please explain why my gross return if Manly win the grand final is $6.5m but I only receive a net payment of $50,000 after deduction of upfront fees, service fees, loan fees, management fees, account keeping fees, line fees and early repayment fees?  Not to mention trail income fee.

Canteen Worker link said:
Tookey - I thought the best place to keep money when Labor is in power is under the bed!!!!! :)

No little Johhny says that it makes my bed too lumpy. 

Besides its not my money - I borrowed it from the CBA using shares as security.  Bad luck for the Bank if the shares turn out to be worthless.  Guess they shouldn't have let me borrow 100% against them.

No I didnt watch 60 miuntes but I guess they have provided their normal fare/unbiased piece of journalism full of half truths, innuendo which would have come straight from Storm Financials grubby owners & their lawyers who will never get paid

The Wheel link said:
No I didnt watch 60 miuntes but I guess they have provided their normal fare/unbiased piece of journalism full of half truths, innuendo which would have come straight from Storm Financials grubby owners & their lawyers who will never get paid

The funniest part was when the camera panned to Cassimatis' hired PR consultant who looked as if his dog had died when the camera went on him.

Cassimatis is a grub and one wonders why the CBA got so heavily involved with him (and eddie Groves) as both are fools.

tookey link said:
Dear MB Bank

Could you please explain why my gross return if Manly win the grand final is $6.5m but I only receive a net payment of $50,000 after deduction of upfront fees, service fees, loan fees, management fees, account keeping fees, line fees and early repayment fees?  Not to mention trail income fee.
Dear Mr Tookey,

Thank you for your letter accepting our terms and conditions.

As you aware maintaining a lifestyle involving helicopters, private yachts, a holiday home in the Caymans and psychiatric counselling for our Knox College children all has a dramatic effect on the returns that can be expected. These costs must be taken out before payments to litigation lawyers, claims from the ATO and audit fees from ASIC.

The figures closely show that in 7 months MBank will have succesfully doubled your annual gross income with absolutely no risk whatsoever.

We are currently putting together a portfolio that we know will interest you and which will quadruple your profits in the lucrative fields of commercial property and maritime re-insurance, all backed by a short-selling option on the Zimbwabian inflation index.

As always we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to have contributed to your financial security.

Head of Stable Products
MBank

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4