Manly assure Bulldogs of Hasler safety

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Date July 19, 2012 Ian McCullough

AAP

Chief executive Todd Greenberg says Canterbury have been assured by Manly that Des Hasler's safety will not be under threat when he returns to Brookvale on Friday.

Hasler takes his high-flying Bulldogs NRL side back to his former club for the first time since his acrimonious departure last October just weeks after guiding the team to a second grand final win.

Manly supporters are still angry at their former coach for not only the manner of his departure, but also that he took many of his backroom staff with him to Belmore, including recruitment guru Noel Cleal, in addition to courting some of their star players.

They have promised him a red-hot reception, but Greenberg is confident it won't cross the line when Hasler walks through the crowd that used to worship him on his way to the coaching box.

Advertisement

"I've spoken with David Perry at Manly this week and neither of us thinks we need (extra security)," Greenberg told AAP.

"I've also spoken with Des and we're very comfortable with the plans in place and there are no issues to worry about, we think."

Hasler will walk up to the box with a security guard, which is a NRL requirement for every coach at every game, and Greenberg said there are no plans to employ added protection.

"Des will travel on the team bus as he usually does and we don't think we need to do anything above what we would normally do," he said.

"A security guide will take him up and take him down as is the protocol for every game, home and away."

Despite the anger expected to be aimed at his coach on the night, Greenberg said the atmosphere and build-up to the game is good for rugby league.

"We're in the business of entertaining people and selling tickets and we are doing a lot of that this week," he said.

"Manly will reap a full house tomorrow night and that is great for them financially and great for the game."

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/manly-assure-bulldogs-of-hasler-safety-20120719-22cfp.html

thats actually a really good article. Well written with good quotes and very fair and balanced. In all honesty Todd Greenburg comes off extremely well in it as well.

Daniel said:
thats actually a really good article. Well written with good quotes and very fair and balanced. In all honesty Todd Greenburg comes off extremely well in it as well.

Not the article itself. The fact that they are beating up that Hasler is in danger of being beat up. As if! Probably hear some words you can't say in a classroom though!

They aren't beating anything up they are clearly saying that there is nothing to worry about and no one is concerned. Given some things that have been written, do you really blame them for finding a story in this?

It's not a Steve Mascord quality article but it is still good

Another piece for mediabeatup site.

We are all going to watch our Premiers and these Dog employees are mere irritants:mad:

Being unmasked as a man whose word is wortless is the Son of Sam's punishment!

Daniel said:

He didn't come across to well when he poached our coach halfway through last year, while still having 1.5 years left of his contract.

Then carried on with his little charade, that Des wasn't signed til the end of the year. The guy is a real piece of work. His a lying slimy piece of crap.

the mauler said:
Daniel said:

He didn't come across to well when he poached our coach halfway through last year, while still having 1.5 years left of his contract.

Then carried on with his little charade, that Des wasn't signed til the end of the year. The guy is a real piece of work. His a lying slimy piece of crap.

So basically he is like 99% of CEO's out there?

It's on http://mediabeatup.net now. I have said I think the article is a good one, but you can vote it down or add your own comment to it, which is kind of the point, collectively we can all therefore decide the good and bad journalists.

It's hardly a beat-up. It's a nothing article just stating that nothing's going to happen. It's a waste of ink and bandwidth really.

Forget Des he is ugly enough to take care of himself.

What about extra security to ensure the safety of fans attending the game??

Daniel said:
the mauler said:
Daniel said:

So basically he is like 99% of CEO's out there?

Greenburg is in a league of his own Dan and that is only because his leagues club is so flush with poker machine earnings. The worst thing about him is that he is smug and has no conscience. Some people are the forgiving type, not me and I will never respect halser or his puppetmaster greenburg for their deceit.

Of course Greenberg comes across well in that article. He is accustom to offering assurance to clubs, fans, and players that it is safe to travel to belmore once a fortnight

Dan79 said:
Of course Greenberg comes across well in that article. He is accustom to offering assurance to clubs, fans, and players that it is safe to travel to belmore once a fortnight

Since when is it ever safe to travel to Belmore.:dodgy:

I have been going to Brookie for 50 years and there has never been any trouble. This is a huge beat-up.
If there is trouble it won't be Manly supporters who cause it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6