Manly Bench vs Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Thought Kapow came on with a bang and when playing hard and direct was impressed big time....then the slow lumbering offload runs and even the Cheese steal Marty went back to the sideways run
I reckon he will look back at how damaging he was playing straight hard footy and winning that quick play for his team
Walker was instantly an impact adding zest through the middle and won some momentum, creating headaches every carry and added another dimension in attack
Paseka my big beast - those big power runs bent and busted the Storm pack and damn great charges 1st game back
Schu as a personal favourite player was disappointing and almost appeared lazy at times, especially defensively- champion player and Don't like to bag the young star, but he is better than that....a lot better than that.
Anyways it's a great bench and if we string a few wins together, all these boys will play a massive part and be in the 17.

The Schu isn't a bench player. He seems like a throw the toys out of the pram type. Geez that kick off penalty would have pissed off a few of the boys who had put it on the line all game.

Can Des get in his ear and turn this around? Who knows. One thing I do know, he ain't taking Foran's spot this year. And the way that Davey is playing, his neither.

Aside from the strip, thought that was one of Marty's best games for us this year. He may have finally realized that he doesn't have a contract for 2023.

Last edited:
Paseka was the standout for me - really good to see him back and running hard. Don't know what to make of Schuster. I wasn't sure he was even out there until he started making mistakes. But I think it's clear that he's not a cameo player. He needs real time on the field, not Dessie's "Here's 10 minutes when we think the game is over". He's out of sorts and may even be struggling mentally (getting over the death of Keith Titmuss was never going to be easy), but I still think we're not doing him any favours with the way we're using (or not using) him.

Thought Kapow came on with a bang and when playing hard and direct was impressed big time....then the slow lumbering offload runs and even the Cheese steal Marty went back to the sideways run
I reckon he will look back at how damaging he was playing straight hard footy and winning that quick play for his team
Walker was instantly an impact adding zest through the middle and won some momentum, creating headaches every carry and added another dimension in attack
Paseka my big beast - those big power runs bent and busted the Storm pack and damn great charges 1st game back
Schu as a personal favourite player was disappointing and almost appeared lazy at times, especially defensively- champion player and Don't like to bag the young star, but he is better than that....a lot better than that.
Anyways it's a great bench and if we string a few wins together, all these boys will play a massive part and be in the 17.

Great post. At the game I said to the wife this is the Marty of old he must be playing for a contract. Next minute the cross field run, steal and 🧀 try. So it was my fault, the kiss of death.

Great post. At the game I said to the wife this is the Marty of old he must be playing for a contract. Next minute the cross field run, steal and 🧀 try. So it was my fault, the kiss of death.
Sheik - you and I need to stop chattin to the missus and shouting at the TV.....It's a Super power of mine too mate.
I do the same watching a horse race, get in line I got the cash here as it looks home....then it will stop like hit by a sniper and run on a treadmill, so I "try" to keep the mouth closed, but it sometimes has it's own mind - unfortunately :lipssealed:

The Schu isn't a bench player. He seems like a throw the toys out of the pram type. Geez that kick off penalty would have pissed off a few of the boys who had put it on the line all game.

Can Des get in his ear and turn this around? Who knows. One thing I do know, he ain't taking Foran's spot this year. And the way that Davey is playing, his neither.

Aside from the strip, thought that was one of Marty's best games for us this year. He may have finally realized that he doesn't have a contract for 2023.
I kind of hought the same....and have 3 factors.

He is pi**ed off being a bench player.
His fitness maybe effecting his performance - but need game time to improve this.
He is trying to hard with limited time and looks frustrated.

The issue I have as a Massive Schu fan, defence is a true sign of effort and he is way down in this department including his positional play.....it all starts with energy in defence, I truly feel you build a game from this and everything including timing in attack will come off the back of this.
The best way he can Win back a starting pposition is to earn it through old fashion grunt, we all know he is 1 of the most naturally talented players in the game, so no need to try win form back through trick shots....tuck the pigskin and just think run hard and defensively - dig in and do the tough stuff.....the fancy sensational player will come back through doing the tough stuff first.

Sheik - you and I need to stop chattin to the missus and shouting at the TV.....It's a Super power of mine too mate.
I do the same watching a horse race, get in line I got the cash here as it looks home....then it will stop like hit by a sniper and run on a treadmill, so I "try" to keep the mouth closed, but it sometimes has it's own mind - unfortunately :lipssealed:

I have been known to stop winx 🤦

Schuster had been in bed sick all week so not sure you can judge him on last night's performance.
If that's the case I will judge Des - pick 17 healthy players as a young bloke like this is a confidence player and throwing him out there against Storm busted or sick is a bad call.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6