Manly board meeting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
this snippet from the Tele today

IF the club should retain off-contract stars David Williams, Glenn Hall, Heath L'Estrange and Michael Robertson.

so they are not going to discuss Orford who is also off contract ?

Why do they have to discuss it......

I think Ox could be on the plane to UK already

Board sets policy, management manage.  Talking to Orford is Mayer's job, not an idiot like Deans.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
How many of you guys are football club members....we might need you in the coming weeks??
  I am.  And I would be very keen to put a bunsen burner under the fat, cosseted bums of the two fools who supposedly support the membership base.

being based in sydney very shortly if we come up with a rival ticket im more than parpared to go head to head with arseclowns like dean and reilly

Cliffy Gc link said:
being based in sydney very shortly if we come up with a rival ticket im more than parpared to go head to head with arseclowns like dean and reilly

You moving to NSW mate?
Does that mean you will support The Blues now my friend?

Heheheheehe.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Cliffy Gc link=topic=179922.msg216524#msg216524 date=1238501301]

You moving to NSW mate?
Does that mean you will support The Blues now my friend?

Heheheheehe.
[/quote]
always have mate

except in the sheifield shield

I am also a football club member, happy to support anything in the future that provides a clear united approach to this club.  I will be interested to see the outcome of tonights meeting - this will surely impact the future of the current football club board members one way or the other

There's a number of possibilities here.

1) There's much more to all this than we know (or being told)
2) The football club board have been "conned" by a certain camp to support them rather than the other side

IF (and I do say if) some of what's supposed to happen tonight actually happens, I would support the call for a EGM as a "please explain".

If the explanation isn't kosher, or they still hold things back then I'd certainly support an alternate team for the end of year elections.

BUT let's give them the benefit of the doubt for the minute as there could be more to this than meets the eye!!

Matabele link said:
I am.  And I would be very keen to put a bunsen burner under the fat, cosseted bums of the two fools who supposedly support the membership base.

It is not just about the 2 to which you refer. The FC Board comprises 7 members who I have to believe voted in the majority to allow Deans & Reilly to cast their votes the way they did. The concern here is that Toovey is a member of the FC board and is now being touted as a possible replacement for Mayer.

Of course we do not how Toovey voted but there are just to many unaswered questions for me to be comfortable with the current processes of the FC board. 

Corso_Pete link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=179922.msg216520#msg216520 date=1238499072]

It is not just about the 2 to which you refer. The FC Board comprises 7 members who I have to believe voted in the majority to allow Deans & Reilly to cast their votes the way they did. The concern here is that Toovey is a member of the FC board and is now being touted as a possible replacement for Mayer.

Of course we do not how Toovey voted but there are just to many unaswered questions for me to be comfortable with the current processes of the FC board. 
[/quote]  Perhaps it is not a question of "how" Toovey voted, but "if".

Mark from Brisbane is spot on - we should wait to see what transpires tonight, but if events turn out to factional rather than rational, the football club members need to rise up and demand answers.

Are these fellas (the board members) the same guys from last year? Was all this crap going on last year or was it simmering under the covers? I wish they would just keep the boardroom BS out of the press. It's damaging to the Manly club for all concerned including supporters. Sick of it. Fat old guys please shut up. Young fellas, please start winning.

It is my opinion that nothing can be done until there is a membership vote for board positions. This self-interested mob has shown its colours over the last 18 months is a cabal at the worst end of the spectrum.

I am a football club member. I am very disturbed by Reilly's comments as quoted in the Telegraph today, suggesting that ridding the club of Mayer now will solve this problem. The whole situation stinks. Max's press release (along the lines of a politician campaigning) also give me no confidence.

In the end I don't care who did what in the past - I want to see what is best for the club going into the future.  Egos and old style dinosaur football club agendas are what send clubs broke. Fix it up boys!!!!

I have four votes.  If Meyer couldn't produce a Management Plan then he's not the guy to see us into the future.  I've had to produce one along with a financial plan and other documents required by my employer for what seems now forever ago.  If I hadn't, then I'd be the one out the door.  They are imperative to setting goals and spending monies for any organization.  Banks require them before loaning.  It's simple really, if he was asked, but didn't, then he's to go.  Toovs would be good. 

DSM5 link said:
If Meyer couldn't produce a Management Plan then he's not the guy to see us into the future.  
  and you're certain he hasn't produced the plan?

That was the issue in the press up until recently.  I can only go on what is released in the press and, like you, killing the chicken and checking out the entrails.

Will they be breath testing all board members before tonights meeting? 

Anyone who fails should resign on the spot.  That should free up 5 new postions.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2