Manly Board - The Summer of Discontent has commenced

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Peter Peters quits board in protest over alleged conflict of interest involving Bob Reilly :)
DEAN RITCHIE THE DAILY TELEGRAPH OCTOBER 15, 2013 12:00AM

SEA Eagles stalwart Peter ­Peters has abruptly resigned from Manly's district club board over what he described as a possible conflict of interest involving a $25,000 payment to another director.

In his resignation letter, obtained by The Daily Telegraph, Peters claimed the board’s chairman, Bob Reilly, received the payment from Quantum, a minor stakeholder that holds two positions on the major Sea Eagles board.

Peters was adamant the alleged payment should have been made known to the club’s board and members.

Club secretary Phil Dean agreed and asked Reilly to stand down as chairman at a September 3 meeting. The board voted 4-2 against Reilly being removed.

Dean promptly resigned, as has Peters.

In his resignation letter lodged on Monday night, Peters wrote: "At our board meeting on 3 September our chairman, Bob Reilly, admitted he had received payment of $25,000 from Quantum, on 9 November 2011.

"Since Bob Reilly is one of our representatives on the Sea Eagles board, on which two representatives from Quantum also sit, the acceptance of Quantum’s payment by Bob Reilly, at the very least, gave rise to a conflict of interest.

"Further, there was no disclosure to our board, until the matter was raised by Phillip Dean, our then secretary.

"Phillip Dean moved a motion that Bob Reilly stand down as chairman, but the motion was lost by four votes to two. I voted in favour of the motion. Phillip Dean then provided his resignation, expressing dissatisfaction with the vote.

"I was concerned that our members should be fully informed of the events and there was agreement that our members would be informed as soon as possible.

"When I protested that our members should be informed immediately, I was told nothing should be done to disturb our team’s chances in the finals or grand final.

"I held back from any further action until after the grand final. But it is now apparent to me that our board does not intend to inform our members of what has transpired or to provide a sanitised version."

Pressed on whether the payment led to his resignation, Dean said yesterday: "I’m not commenting. I don’t want these things played out in the media".

Reilly said: "I’ve got no comment. It’s being dealt with by the football club."

Asked if he had paid back the money, Reilly said: "I’ve got no comment".

Peters said: "Bob Reilly had a duty as a director to declare the $25,000. It is unacceptable on any level of good governance. The district club members need to be told the truth".

Peters will remain on the major Sea Eagles board and Manly Leagues Club board.

One down, two to go :cool:

Oh, the hypocrisy, from a man who has lived off the great Manly Club for nigh on 30 years :dodgy:

As we all predicted, the only news out of the Manly Sea Eagles that is worthy of DT print, is that of our dysfunctional Boards :mad:

So the news filth obtained a copy of this, what a farce, you mean Zorba gave his mate Bulldog the info.

A message to every member of the board, for the last 7 years, our team has achieved miracles against the odds while you boofheads bicker and kill each other.

NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB!!!

Sort it out now!

In his resignation letter, obtained by The Daily Telegraph, Peters claimed the board’s chairman, Bob Reilly, received the payment from Quantum, a minor stakeholder that holds two positions on the major Sea Eagles board.....

"Obtained" or hand delivered?

Well, the DT just lost it's contact in the district board. Interesting that Dean has the interest of the club in mind when he 'no comments', but Zorba can't wait to spill the beans.

If Zorba thinks playing every aspect of our board he disagrees with out in public, he's got no idea what us members really want. It doesn't galvanise us to support him when we hear the same bloke whinge and whinge month after month about what he doesn't like. All he's doing is playing into the DTs hands to write another anti-Manly piece and paint our club as amateurs, despite our amazing success on the field.

It's the off season and they've run out of Sonny Bill stories so they trot out the perennial Manly dysfunctional board scoop....really who cares.

"When I protested that our members should be informed immediately, I was told nothing should be done to disturb our team’s chances in the finals or grand final.

"I held back from any further action until after the grand final. But it is now apparent to me that our board does not intend to inform our members of what has transpired or to provide a sanitised version."

So it was the boards fault we lost. We all know we do our best work when the board are publicly bickering. This issue should have been the focus in the week leading up the GF. Zorba has dropped the ball big time here.

Might be able to get a cold beer at the ground now that all the new fridges have a chance of getting there

Peter Peters brings shame to all of us Australians of Greek heritage.

Can he just bugger off already ?

Looking past the source it would be good of the club could clarify what actually happened

niccipops said:
Let's invite SBW to hold a position on the Manly board. Surely he'll solve everything that's wrong in NRL.

Now that's thinking outside the square.
But on reflection, he can't come to Manly. He'd be scared of the Snake.

globaleagle said:
bones said:
Zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz

bob dylan said:
Yawn.....

You two should get a room!

3D20Smiles20265.gif
3D20Smiles20266.gif

tumblr_m0n0rwUUCp1r2ygl8.gif

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe