Manly Brett Stewart out on top as No. 1 tryscoring fullback ahead of 200th game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
Manly Brett Stewart out on top as No.1 tryscoring fullback

Manly Brett Stewart out on top as No.1 tryscoring fullback ahead of 200th game for Sea Eagles
DEAN RITCHIE THE DAILY TELEGRAPH SEPTEMBER 17, 2014

ON the eve of his 200th NRL game, Brett Stewart is now simply the best.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Stewart has the greatest tryscoring strike-rate of any fullback in rugby league's 106-year history.

Stewart has crossed 145 times in 199 appearances for Manly at a remarkable strike-rate of 0.729 tries a game.

No other fullback in the game - past or present - can top Stewart, whose tryscoring exploits will be desperately needed for the Sea Eagles's elimination semi-final against Canterbury at Allianz Stadium on Saturday night.

Read More

RE: Manly Brett Stewart out on top as No. 1 tryscoring fullback ahead of 200th game for S

Quite simply. Watching Snake play is like poetry in motion.

Congratulations on 200 games and for all the years of enjoyment you have given the fans. Long may it continue!

RE: Manly Brett Stewart out on top as No. 1 tryscoring fullback ahead of 200th game for S

This statement stood out to me ,

"It is a great honour to play 200 games for this club, it is also an elimination final so I am really excited for both," he said.

Brett you are not allowed to leave without a third Premiership.

RE: Manly Brett Stewart out on top as No.1 tryscoring fullback ahead of 200th game

Yes, 145 magic tries just two behind Bozo who scored 147 for two clubs. Slater's ratio is more like 63 % and he is and was always such a grub. Did you see him 'innocently stick knees into the back of that Dogs players as he lay on the ground? "But its not his go". Protected Species. :mad:

There is NO comparison. Snake for my money edged out Wombat some time ago. But of course different eras, different styles. Only Beaver in front of Snake now for 1 club Manly tryscorers.
Only Hazem El,, Slater and Ettingshausen in front for all 1 club tryscorers.

Imagine what he would have had if not for the injuries and the off field garbage. Such a shame.

Manly Brett Stewart out on top as No.1 tryscoring fullback ahead of 200th game for Sea Eagles
DEAN RITCHIE THE DAILY TELEGRAPH SEPTEMBER 17, 2014

ON the eve of his 200th NRL game, Brett Stewart is now simply the best.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Stewart has the greatest tryscoring strike-rate of any fullback in rugby league's 106-year history.

Stewart has crossed 145 times in 199 appearances for Manly at a remarkable strike-rate of 0.729 tries a game.

No other fullback in the game - past or present - can top Stewart, whose tryscoring exploits will be desperately needed for the Sea Eagles's elimination semi-final against Canterbury at Allianz Stadium on Saturday night.

Read More

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Yes, 145 magic tries just two behind Bozo who scored 147 for two clubs. Slater's ratio is more like 63 % and he is and was always such a grub. Did you see him 'innocently stick knees into the back of that Dogs players as he lay on the ground? "But its not his go". Protected Species. :mad:

Billy Slater is a great player, but this rubbish people go on with that 'it's not his go' is just laughable. He is one of the dirtiest players in the league. Geez they had to change the rules about sliding in with knees and feet because of how often he did it.

That's where the Ch.9 commentary just lose me when they speak of some of these players. Let's compliment his fantastic ability, and busyness (is that even a word?) around the ball, but let's not deify him.

It really is a pity with Snakes injuries, because he could have been the 1 person to catch Ken Irvine.

manlyfan76 said:
Brett you are not allowed to leave without a third Premiership.

Fourth

@ManlyArmy and @HappilyManly

HM sorry it took a while to publish the article, technical problems at my end, meanwhile ManlyArmy started this thread so it's merged now, and MA I edited your post so it now links to the article on our homepage.

I have been blessed to see most of Wombat's career, all of Ridgey's and now all of Brett's.
Wow, what a trio of legends.

Brett takes the cake as the best for mine, what a truly great career so far, the true Prince of Brookvale.

Congrats Snake on your 200th and may you play many more for the mighty Sea Eagles.

Killer03 said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:

Billy Slater is a great player, but this rubbish people go on with that 'it's not his go' is just laughable. He is one of the dirtiest players in the league. Geez they had to change the rules about sliding in with knees and feet because of how often he did it.

That's where the Ch.9 commentary just lose me when they speak of some of these players. Let's compliment his fantastic ability, and busyness (is that even a word?) around the ball, but let's not deify him.

It really is a pity with Snakes injuries, because he could have been the 1 person to catch Ken Irvine.

Spot on.

I'd love to see their try assists stats as they've got older.

I have no doubt that if he wasn't curtailed by injury and lost a year due to court matters he would be up there with the all time greats - and he should be.

As the stats stand, he's up there in strike rate but it it really irks me that he and Slater aren't going at it as the best of the current (modern) era in regards to tries scored.

Daveagle said:
I have been blessed to see most of Wombat's career, all of Ridgey's and now all of Brett's.

Brett takes the cake as the best for mine, what a truly great career so far, the true Prince of Brookvale.

Congrats Snake on your 200th and may you play many more for the mighty Sea Eagles.

So true.

Apart from Beaver, getting the masses on their feet there is no better.

Is it me, or does Brett look like he has signed with the Colorado Avalanche? LOL, News Limited will prolly run with that in tomorrow's paper.

10551729_10152954488547345_4867898261341518101_o.jpg

Ryan said:
Is it me, or does Brett look like he has signed with the Colorado Avalanche? LOL, News Limited will prolly run with that in tomorrow's paper.

10551729_10152954488547345_4867898261341518101_o.jpg
Yeah yeah!

Daveagle said:

I must be the same era of 'forever young' as you. I saw some of Wombat's, all Ridgey's -we still miss his goal kicking, and all of the Snake's.
Have to say Snake is a personal favourite. I've made that obvious on here over the years but the guy's a freak on the football field.
He needs to stay Maroon and White forever.
The Prince of Brookvale should never play in other colours.

And brother Glenn, I know this is divided but I would have been amongst those who kept him. Older players are susceptible to injuries but their leadership inspires the young. Look at the way Justin Hodges played last Saturday. I can't stand the bloke but despite his age and long history of injuries he was the one who took back control and put his body on the line for the donkeys. Think of Joe.G, BK, Brent Tate, Lote.
A fired up older player can ignite a team.

Stay Manly SNAKE. We love you.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4