Manly can win NRL comp: Anasta

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevo

First Grader
Sydney Roosters skipper Braith Anasta declared Manly could win the NRL premiership after the Sea Eagles smashed his side with a near flawless display at Brookvale Oval on Sunday.

Read the full article

Nice complement but Braith is just a tool who knows nothing. Manly have been in the top of the ladder for months now. Its not rocket science.

That is just a response to a loaded question; what else is he going to say: no mate, I don't rate them at all. A journo has loaded up and Anasta has given the politically correct answer (god love him)

captainskin said:
That is just a response to a loaded question; what else is he going to say: no mate, I don't rate them at all. A journo has loaded up and Anasta has given the politically correct answer (god love him)

I disagree, there are ways to answer loaded questions. Wayne and Des are kings at it and Kearney looks like he's got the art down pat too, but he talks clearer and better than the others...pretty dangerous combo ;)

I'll give you an example tonight, they asked him about his opinions of Sandow and about next year, he said "I'm thinking about Manly on Saturday" they tried to ask it again and he gave the exact same answer with a glare. There's no better way to answer a loaded question than saying the truth.

Anasta could have easily turned around and said "Anyone but us can win it really"

Jono said:
captainskin said:

I disagree, there are ways to answer loaded questions. Wayne and Des are kings at it and Kearney looks like he's got the art down pat too, but he talks clearer and better than the others...pretty dangerous combo ;)

I'll give you an example tonight, they asked him about his opinions of Sandow and about next year, he said "I'm thinking about Manly on Saturday" they tried to ask it again and he gave the exact same answer with a glare. There's no better way to answer a loaded question than saying the truth.

Anasta could have easily turned around and said "Anyone but us can win it really"

But Anasta's not a sharp tool and so he answered the question in the most basic robotic way he has been taught.
In the documentary 'The fog of war', the US military advisor to Kennedy, advised how to answer the loaded or tricky questions; he said to say an answer to how you want the question to be asked; always reframe the question for your liking and deliver your answers from your own questions... and that is what every smart politician does.
Some frustrate the hell out of me, because they are so obviously are not answering the question, but the slickest ones fool their listeners most of the time. WHat I hate the most is when a journalist doesn't repeatedly go after the politician to nail him on the question.

The late Robert McNamara is the man you are thinking of 'skin. I know - slightly off-topic. He was the US SecDef from Kennedy's inauguration right through until Feb 68.

Des has alot of faith in our current crop so that'll do it for me.

I would be forever proud if Foran and Cherry-Evans lead the team to grand final victory this season at their age. Foran is especially deserving.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4