Manly cost the Bulldogs a potential sponsorship

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
from those hacks Bec (drink driver)  and buzzard

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...016360,00.html

THE disgraceful behaviour of Manly stars Brett Stewart and Anthony Watmough has cost the Bulldogs a sponsorship deal worth more than $1.5million. We've been told Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg and his marketing team were on the verge of signing a major sponsor last week before the game was dragged into the gutter by Manly. The chief executive of the sponsor rang Greenberg on Thursday to withdraw the offer. Greenberg was reluctant to comment, other than to say: "The game's had enough bad publicity. Yes, we were very close, but it's fallen over. I don't want to be bagging Manly. We'll just keep doing our best to portray the right image to attract sponsors.''

Funny then that Manly has a full deck of sponsors standing behind us (apart from one notable who seems hell-bent on enjoying his 15 seconds of fame).

Note to bulldogs - putting a children's charity on your chest does not gloss over more than a decade of foolish behaviour and rowdy fans.

i actually thought it was pretty classy the way greenberg responded
credit where its due this bloke is doing his best to change that place

I'm getting a really deep resentment to these leeches in the media. I don't know, maybe it's just me though.

Ryan link said:
I'm getting a really deep resentment to these leeches in the media. I don't know, maybe it's just me though.
They are human Ryan, but it is essential to understand whose interests they act in.  And don't be shy to use them when we need to.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
from those hacks Bec (drink driver)  and buzzard

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...016360,00.html

THE disgraceful behaviour of Manly stars Brett Stewart and Anthony Watmough has cost the Bulldogs a sponsorship deal worth more than $1.5million. We've been told Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg and his marketing team were on the verge of signing a major sponsor last week before the game was dragged into the gutter by Manly. The chief executive of the sponsor rang Greenberg on Thursday to withdraw the offer. Greenberg was reluctant to comment, other than to say: \"The game's had enough bad publicity. Yes, we were very close, but it's fallen over. I don't want to be bagging Manly. We'll just keep doing our best to portray the right image to attract sponsors.''

What a crock of ****!

Manly will be blamed for global warming and the global financial crisis next. ::)

Look on page 4 of the Telegraph today.  "Lighting fuse of drug gang wars'.  Oh, what do we see?  a guy in a Bulldogs jersey.  No wonder they have an image problem. 

DSM5 link said:
Look on page 4 of the Telegraph today.  \"Lighting fuse of drug gang wars'.  Oh, what do we see?  a guy in a Bulldogs jersey.  No wonder they have an image problem. 

It's amazing that they didn't find someone with a Manly jersey on instead.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=179653.msg212937#msg212937 date=1237158384]
Look on page 4 of the Telegraph today.  \"Lighting fuse of drug gang wars'.  Oh, what do we see?  a guy in a Bulldogs jersey.  No wonder they have an image problem. 

It's amazing that they didn't find someone with a Manly jersey on instead.
[/quote]

Or a Manly player!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4