Manly Council extend lease 1 year rent free.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Manly Council have today released a statement extending the "Sea Eagles" lease of Brookvale Oval for one year rent free.

Council spokesman said that this is a direct response to Manly obtaining a $20-$30 million dollar upgrade to a property they own.

"We the council, will own the new stand and all improved facilities, and they will cost us nothing"

"It is the least we could do, the funds were only given because Manly play there, it's a win/win for both the council and the Sea eagles"

So, the Council will own the stand? I guess its new name will be: The Amalgamation Stand. I think that ties in perfectly with the club's slogan: Stronger Together!

Sea Eagles pay around $300,000 a year rent, Rugby won't be able to pay even $20,000, so why would they give us the flick?

It is not that they will, it is that they could that irks me. The only reason they are getting brand new facilities is because of Manly, but Manly has no guarantee of tenure.

There are some strange people attracted to the council, and many of them don't like noisy football games, some would prefer to see Brookie bulldozed and share gardens installed.

Now that investment $ is coming their way, the council seem to be more appreciative of what Manly bring to their district. I still resent them for their outrageous fee hire over the years.

Wrong council name, no direct link, no mention of it on Warringah council website....seems legit @:mask:

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4