Manly declare feud with David Gallop over after NRL grand final Win

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Manly's Des Hasler and Glenn Stewart declare feud with David Gallop over after NRL grand final victory

451433-glenn-stewart-and-david-gallop.jpg

Manly declared their NRL premiership the final chapter in a bitter feud between fullback Brett Stewart and league boss David Gallop after Sunday's grand final.

Coach Des Hasler spoke of "closure", Clive Churchill medallist and Brett's brother Glenn Stewart said things were "back to normal" and the Sea Eagles returned to the point where the drama all began.

That was after they won the title in 2008, when Brett Stewart was banned for four weeks by the NRL for abusing alcohol before facing and being cleared of a sexual assault charge.

This year Hasler said his star No.1's soul would not be cleansed until Gallop apologised.

The fullback and chief executive engaged in an intense conversation during the presentation at ANZ Stadium, as did Glenn Stewart and Gallop when the outstanding Sea Eagles lock received the award for best on the ground.

"That was nothing, just moving on," Glenn Stewart said. "It was nothing at all."

While Brett would not speak after the victory, Glenn Stewart seemed to indicate the hatchet may have been buried.

"It's very special, probably the final chapter and everything's back to where it was and moving on and normal life's good and footy's going well so I can't complain," he said.

Hasler was philosophical when asked about Brett Stewart's return to the top.

"With the couple of years he's had, with the injuries and the interruptions in his life, to bounce back and to come back and be part of a side that wins a grand final means he has really come full circle and surely you can't begrudge him that."

Glenn Stewart returned from the battle of Brookvale to lead Manly to a win in the war for the premiership, starring in the four-tries-to-two win.

Banned for three games after the infamous brawl with Melbourne players a month ago, Stewart needed his team-mates to get him through the finals series and repaid them with a try, superb plays for two more four-pointers and an all-round performance that is likely to have him named in the Kangaroos squad on Monday.

Whenever a big play was needed, the nuggety Manly lock stepped up, none moreso than when he surprised the Warriors with a grubber inside his own half that eventually led to a Daly Cherry-Evans try.

"I don't know if it was a bit of a brain snap or what, but if it bounces the other way I might have been in hot water with Dessie," Stewart said modestly when asked about his first half grubber.

"... (My try) was just the right place, right time ... I was just hanging around for the scraps and it paid off."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/manlys-des-hasler-and-glenn-stewart-declare-feud-with-david-gallop-over-after-nrl-grand-final-victory/story-e6frf3ou-1226156446679

Doesn't change my opinion (and probably the Stewart's) that he's still is and always will be a douchebag.

Ceagle said:
Glad to move on from this, no need to keep carrying it out any further.

This. It hasn't helped Manly's cause at all, and whatever has been done is best left in the past.

I've always *tried* to live with the attitude that "you can't change the past, but you can learn from it". It's helped me through some things that (if I were to hold a grudge) would have seen me disown my family, and quite possibly be behind bars now.

It's time to move on and simply enjoy being Manly, and enjoy being PREMIERS!!

Good news ontop of a great night. Just for the boys own sake if nothing else. If it means they can live life a little happier now then all's good.

This is great news!! Let's look to the future now, and what a future this great club has!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4