Manly feeling awesome: Trbojevic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sat 08 Aug, 2015, 7:30am
By Joe Riordan, NRL.com

6682220-3x4-340x453.jpg

Manly's unlikely two-try hero Jake Trbojevic has described the "awesome" feeling in the Sea Eagles team as they make a shock charge at the 2015 NRL Telstra Premiership finals.

Widely written-off mid-year, the Sea Eagles have stunned everyone to win six out of their last eight games and this weekend sit outside the top eight only on points differential after a 28-8 win over South Sydney.

"It's awesome at the moment," Trbojevic told NRL.com about the feeling around the club.

"Everyone's really upbeat, we're playing really good footy.

"Hopefully we can keep it going in the back end of the year and hopefully we sneak into the finals and see what we can do from there."

For the second straight week, the hard-hitting 21-year-old was the first try-scorer in a match, his two tries against the Rabbitohs doubling his career tally following his first NRL four-pointer against the Broncos last week.

Asked what effect scoring an early try has on his confidence, Trbojevic was quick to put his team first.

"It's just good for the team to get an early try and then hopefully build on it in a big performance," Trbojevic said.

The Mona Vale Raiders junior was also keen to laud the performances of others in the team, refusing to comment on his own good form that has seen him nail down a starting maroon and white front-rower's jersey.

"I'm playing with some good players which always helps," he said.

"I've got some very experienced players around me who continually talk to me and it's been a good learning curve this season, I've really enjoyed it."

Manly's backline in particular has been firing on all cylinders, so much so that Jake's brilliant brother Tom fails to get a start, despite his unbelievable form in recent weeks.

"Our backline is pretty exceptional, it's pretty surreal playing alongside a few of those great players there," Trbojevic said.

He also praised the effect the parochial Brookvale Oval crowd had on his side's performance on Friday night.

"It was good to get a good win at Brookie in front a great crowd," he said.

"We had 15,000 or so which really helps us. You really do hear them out there and it's awesome."

Manly coach Geoff Toovey made special mention of Trbojevic after the match, saying "he's only getting better and better each week."

"There's not too many times you see a front rower get a first and last try - I think he's pretty happy with himself," Toovey said.

"He's a great player he's shown that. We've nurtured him along too.

"We had some big wraps on him at junior level but it took him a couple of years to adjust to playing at the top level. This is his first full fist of first grade from start to finish."

Manly now look to next week where, as usual, they face a must-win clash down in Canberra against foe that are also battling it out for a top eight finish.

"It's going to be a tough one, they're playing some good footy," Trbojevic said.

"Hopefully we can just build on what we've done in the last few weeks and just see what we can do."

http://www.nrl.com/manly-feeling-awesome-trbojevic/tabid/10874/newsid/88743/default.aspx

Great article by Joe Riordan, about a very humble and good young man and a team on the rise in a race to the finals.

Other journos take note of how to write well and not dwell on the negative. Muck raking might sell papers but you may also lose your souls.

Having said that Rebecca Wilson must have learned her lesson as she hasn't uttered a peep about what's his name from Easts bashing his spouse. So maybe she's learned a valuable lesson too in not to jump to ridiculous conclusions.

His tackling is awesome; a throwback to the days when solid low tackles stopped ball carriers in their tracks, not this grabbing hold-up style tackles of the past decade.
Scoring three tries in the past three matches is not bad, either!

Having said that Rebecca Wilson must have learned her lesson as she hasn't uttered a peep about what's his name from Easts bashing his spouse. So maybe she's learned a valuable lesson too in not to jump to ridiculous conclusions.

not true, it's just that he doesn't play for manly

In the darkness that resided over our club earlier this year, I could see that the Turbo brothers were the future of our club and when all the selfishness that was going on with player egos out of control, these boys were going to spearhead a revival. What has surprised me is that this has happened this season. The momentum and belief the team has right now is hugely a result of the performances of Jake and Tom, these boys will be Australian players I predict and be a massive influence of what our club does on the field in the next decade. What is so nice to know that they have 2 younger brothers who could potentially make the grade as players too. Sit back and enjoy the ride fans, we are so blessed to have them at our club!

Just the joy you can see in his eyes this year is awesome to see. It's been a terrible first half of the season but you can see how much it means to Jake to be playing. And the look on his face when he scores... Brilliant.

And when others score he just goes off, he gets so excited!

The way he chopped down players all night really shows how crucial he will be in the future. At 21 he tackles like a seasoned professsional.

Another Brother era at Manly. Jake is first class and despite getting a big wrap for his excellent D is also good on offence, plus he's an 80 min player. Long future at Manly leading the forwards.

Another Brother era at Manly. Jake is first class and despite getting a big wrap for his excellent D is also good on offence, plus he's an 80 min player. Long future at Manly leading the forwards.

Welcome aboard mate. Great post. Jake is amazing both on and off the field. Besides Tom and Jake, there are more brothers coming through - all very talented.

Myles / Lussick / Trbojevic / Lawrence / Starling (and maybe Tapau) can be written off all everyone wants. I think they will blow everyone away with their aggression, skill, size and ability. I love it when people don't rate us.

Just one more signing @Ryan and I'll agree with you, the player type we are missing, looks like will be here in 2017 but only a maybe in 2016.

Until then I think we will do way better than this year but perhaps not yet a premiership force.

welcome aboard good to u aren't a negative bloke, we are being underestimated massively! Nice fish u got there also

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4