Manly have contacted the Titans to discuss a deal that would deliver Daly Cherry-Evans to the Titans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
DALY Cherry-Evans’ future at Brookvale is untenable with Manly bosses contacting the Titans to discuss a compensation deal that would deliver him to the Titans this season.

The Courier-Mail can reveal Manly’s recruitment-and-retention committee is prepared to explore a player-trade as the Sea Eagles begin planning for life after Cherry-Evans.

In the latest twist to the Cherry-Evans affair, the Titans have fielded a call from a Sea Eagles representative offering the playmaker’s services for this season.

487212-a7744b3c-c704-11e4-b315-22a5c9651e5e.jpg

Manly have contacted Daly Cherry-Evans over a possible release.Source: Getty Images

The Test half-back is due to launch his Titans career next year, but the Sea Eagles are ready to broker an immediate severance package featuring benefits for both parties.

Manly chairman Scott Penn says Cherry-Evans remains in the club’s plans, but won’t stand in the playmaker’s way if the Titans are willing to discuss an exchange of players.

“If the Titans came to us and said, ‘We want Daly early’ and there is a deal to be done, we would certainly look at it,” Penn said.

“As of today, Daly is firmly part of our plans for this year ... but having said that, it doesn’t mean that’s how it plays out.”

Asked if Manly will consider compensation in the form of a player-swap, Penn was unequivocal.

“Yes that’s certainly an option,” he said.

“There is multiple options, but the news is still fresh and we have a game to play on Saturday night. The most important thing is that if a deal (to release Cherry-Evans) is done, it is done behind closed doors and doesn’t affect our play on the field.

“We are open to that scenario. We are in the market right now and if the Titans have some opportunities within the club, we will talk to them.”

Ideally, the Titans would take Cherry-Evans tomorrow, but one impediment to an expedited transfer is the club’s salary-cap position.

The Gold Coast would have to outlay around $500,000 to accommodate Cherry-Evans this season — funds the Titans can only free-up by offloading a number of big-name stars.

Besieged duo Greg Bird and Dave Taylor, currently fighting cocaine-supply charges, face uncertain futures at the Titans. But it is understood coach Neil Henry is a fan of both and would oppose any moves to jettison the pair to fund Cherry-Evans’ immediate purchase.

489010-d2df98d0-c704-11e4-b315-22a5c9651e5e.jpg

Titans NRL player Greg Bird appears in Southport Court facing drugs charges. Pics Adam HeadSource: News Corp Australia

And while the Sea Eagles have been linked with Titans rookie Kane Elgey, Gold Coast hierarchy are hopeful Cherry-Evans can mentor the under-20s half-back ace next season.

However, it is clear Manly powerbrokers are ready to cut a deal, with Penn underscoring frustrations with mid-season departures by calling for a transfer window.

“It’s not a good look for the game for players to sign six to 12 months in advance and we need to do something about it,” he said.

“There is a risk your heart is not in it and we need 100 per cent from every one of our players every week.

“If there is a risk that is not possible, then you are better off releasing them earlier.

“Daly is a professional at heart. The expectation is that he will play out the way with us, but it doesn’t mean that’s how it plays out.”

Titans CEO Graham Annesley was tight-lipped on Tuesday on the prospect of Cherry-Evans joining the Titans in the coming weeks.

“Daly is currently contracted to Manly and I’m not prepared to say or do anything that could be interpreted as an attempt to destabilise another club’s playing roster,” he said.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...tans-this-season/story-e6frf3ru-1227257489036

I hope it'll happen and I feel as though it's Manly who are the ones most keen to make the deal.
I know it's extremely unlikely but I would love to get Ryan James and Elgey down here. Titans can't keep both Seizer and Elgey, one will leave.

Now that we have lost DCE, and very soon, I believe Foran, I'd love to get Elgey.

I wonder what peoples thought's would then be if we were able to sign say Falou under Parramatta's nose (suck **** to them), and then Tom Burgess. Going forward (next season):-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Israel Falou
05. Peta Hiku
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Kane Elgey

Man, that backline oozes class.

08. Tom Burgess
09. Matt Ballin
10. Luke Burgess
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Brenton Lawrence
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Josh Starling
17. Jake Trbojevic

Elgey should be signed primarily on the basis of the 3 chip and chases he does in his highlight video, right @Chip and Chase

This is just more rubbish from News limited. We let DCE go and who replaces him?? There is no way we should do this at least until Foz recovers from his injury and decides his future because if Foz does confirm that he is leaving will Parra want Foran early too?? This is a dangerous pathway and again why is the NRL allowing this to fester.

If this had been done properly, this transfer could have been done in the off season which would minimise the impact its having on the clubs.

They need to either complete this very quickly or squash it completely quickly or the or the indecision among the players will continue.

Well if the negotiations we've seen thus far are a guide it should be wrapped up by 2018...

Sezer, Ryan James, done deal. Both on the condition they either sign new deals or extend current ones. Boom. Done. Maybe chuck in Luke Douglas too. He did after all say this on the Tits page:

FAVOURITE FOOTBALL MOMENT YOU'D LIKE TO RELIVE AGAIN?
My one and only finals appearance

Mate, you're not gonna get that up there haha

Although this may be just news limited noise, to be fair they are two from two so far. Choc, now DCE

Haha DCE said that he wants to stay for this season
he said I won't be going anywhere
Still more destabilizing to complete probably

Chez can not be made to leave early, so Kelly better nip this in the bud.
We Manly Members won't have any energy left for the GF or even Foz's imminent(!?) decision @:cry:

It's a shame that this is all we have been talking about for months. Should of been sorted a long time ago. We still have Foran to go as well. Where all our players signed to come off contract at once? I just want Saturday to hurry up. Watch the boys bounce back and beat the scum. Hopefully, the following week may cheer the place up a bit after a good win.

Only two reasons I can see to ship him off early. First is if the players don't want him there, but according to the Nine news report yesterday, they do. Second is if, for some reason or other, it would help us keep Foran, but that seems unlikely, too.
Cherry should also have some say in the matter. I know we all hate the way it played out but he was entitled to sign for another club for next season (the NRL's fault, not his) and he did. That doesn't mean he should be ready to pack up his family next week.

Jeez the idiot was in damage control last night on Sterlo but the more he talks the more insincere he sounds. He should just shut it and play.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6