Manly Heart & Spirit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
One of, if not THE strongest elements about Manly teams of our past, was both our physical and mental toughness to grind it out when the **** hits the fan.

Well, I know many have questioned Barrett's methods (including me with team selection), but one has to ask...

Are we not entertained.

Now the retreads in the media will bleat about how courageous The Chooks were sticking with us in the coming days.

Forget the 9-4 penalty count. Forget the tries allowed that were thrown from dropped balls or forward passes (take your pick on that one.

We played an extremely desperate Roosters side that still had plenty of talent. We played them in their backyards.

Did I mention this was done without the likes of Brenton Lawrence, Marty Taupau, Tom Symonds, Steve Matai, Jamie Buhrer, Daly Cherry-Evans whonwere ruled out before or during our game.

Grit & strength. Commitment. This is The Manly way, and I see this quality in this team Trent Barrett is producing.

I stole away from a family function to watch this, and boy I'm glad I did. Love beating The Chooks.

We are Manly.

One of, if not THE strongest elements about Manly teams of our past, was both our physical and mental toughness to grind it out when the **** hits the fan.

Well, I know many have questioned Barrett's methods (including me with team selection), but one has to ask...

Are we not entertained.

Now the retreads in the media will bleat about how courageous The Chooks were sticking with us in the coming days.

Forget the 9-4 penalty count. Forget the tries allowed that were thrown from dropped balls or forward passes (take your pick on that one.

We played an extremely desperate Roosters side that still had plenty of talent. We played them in their backyards.

Did I mention this was done without the likes of Brenton Lawrence, Marty Taupau, Tom Symonds, Steve Matai, Jamie Buhrer, Daly Cherry-Evans whonwere ruled out before or during our game.

Grit & strength. Commitment. This is The Manly way, and I see this quality in this team Trent Barrett is producing.

I stole away from a family function to watch this, and boy I'm glad I did. Love beating The Chooks.

We are Manly.
My thoughts exactly Ryan. It's a pretty good feeling, isn't it?

I love ugly wins, they are a good sign. And tonight was ugly. We had ample chances to say 'it's not our night'. With Matai and t red out, then the injury to Buhrer then the diabolical calls for stripping when the roosters just lost the ball cold.

Well done boys, a win like tonight can spark a season. And it also sparks the fans.

Completely disagree mate. Full strength I think we have the ability beat anyone.
Not yet we dont, we are lacking structure and most players are not in form yet. Im not happy with Myles efforts as a "top" signing and i think BJ or Lussick would be better,
Walker needs toused more unpredictably and use strength and speed.

I wonder when the last time Easts - the most penalised team in the comp - has won the penalties 9-4?
Why are we getting smashed in the penalties?
We couldn't even win the count at Brookie.
How many times did we get penalised for hand on the ball? If this is being coached then I gather it's a Storm tactic.

Are we not entertained.

We are Manly.
Sorry what was that, my blood pressure became so high I passed out. What happened, did we win? Fark me if we played one of the teams last night they would have put 50 on us.

Dont get too carried away, a dodgy refs No Try call saved our bacon.

That said, if a certain winger doesnt play we win by 20.
Jorge is an incredibly frustrating player. Somebody called him "Manly Vatuvai" in another thread, which is bang on. He does some things very well: he's a try scorer and a powerful runner. But he does other things - things you'd think would be rudimentary for an NRL player - very, very badly: his defensive reads are terrible and he always seems to drop the ball at the worst possible moment in every game. Do the positives outweigh the negatives? Usually I'd say yes, but I haven't been convinced at all this year…
As for the no try call, I would have been happy enough if they gave it. Probably the only bit of luck we had go our way all game.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2