Manly in Auckland

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Corso_Pete

Bencher
Premium Member
Well Manly has arrived in Auckland, the staff at the Rydges Hotel are a bit bemused with around 60 Manly fans wandering around  the hotel, drinking copious amounts of alchol and generally having a great time.

We are all pumped for the game and have been invited by the Mad Butcher to share some time in his lounge prior to the game, that alone promises to be a huge amount of fun.

In racing parlance the weather is good & the track will be dry so all set for a great game and a big party tomorrow night.

Give my regards to all Pete, wish I could be there.  Just do us a favour and cheer the boys home to a big win - I am itching to get to Brookie next week to watch us win three in a row

Nice one Pete. Sorry I am not there. I am lining up arrangements for the GC so hope you are on that one. Best wishes to all the MWTSs and enjoy a great win tomorrow.

Game day has arrived, fine & sunny in Auckland and a very happy if not slightly under the weather group of supporters.

The supporters have experienced the most sensational night at O'Hagens Pub in Auckland, the highlight of the evening being not only an appearance by Graham Lowe. He was invited up unto the stage by the band (who were fantastic) and asked to play a song with them, but not our Lowey, he simply said give me your guitar and I will not only sing the song but play it as well and that he did. He received a standing ovation from the entire Pub, it was sensational.

Of course the band played Eagle Rock and by the end of the evening the band were committed to Manly winning today and even the locals in the crowd I suspect were secretly hoping for a Manly victory. It was without doubt one of the greatest nights I have experienced and these trips just keep on getting better & better, just can't wait for the next one.

Off to do some sailing in a 12m Americas Cup yacht before heading to the game. If the Manly supporters have anything do with it today it will be a Manly victory by 20.

Go Manly

Well Pete, I hope you know that the MWTS got some great coverage at the end of the game on FoxSports including your great head. There was an appearance from  "I'm too sexy for my scarf" Vidmar (you have to see the footage to understand) and a very happy Aaron in the back row as well. A win is always sweeter away!!

Was watching from the Belmont 16 ft skiff club (near Newcastle) and most of the local support was for Manly.

Yes MB, I too noticed Vid on right of screen as they panned across the enthusiastic Manly group - good one boys and girls!

Brookiegreg, you didn't happen to SMS the ABC by any chance did you ? I heard a similar thing being talked about on there

ManlyBacker link said:
Well Pete, I hope you know that the MWTS got some great coverage at the end of the game on FoxSports including your great head. There was an appearance from  \"I'm too sexy for my scarf\" Vidmar (you have to see the footage to understand) and a very happy Aaron in the back row as well. A win is always sweeter away!!

Greetings all from AKL!
MB - have had the game recorded so will need to check out the footage to get the message above?

An absolutely brilliant trip with great people and a lot of fun times had

Staying in NZ for a few more days but the main group head back today so expect a few posts to start hitting your screens soon

All credit to Mark Tramby and to the club for their efforts in putting on a very successful and well organised trip.

Thanks to all the Travelling Supportahs for their company and for making the whole experience so worthwhile and memorable

MWTS

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Brookiegreg, you didn't happen to SMS the ABC by any chance did you ? I heard a similar thing being talked about on there

No KE it wasn't me - just a funny coincidence - I also heard it on the radio  driving back to Sydney. Nice to hear there's some good support up in Newcastle.

After visiting a mate earlier in Cardiff, we jumped in the car to head to the Belmont 16s to watch the game on Foxtel, and 100 metres down the road there's a Manly supporter fully decked out in maroon and white gear waiting for a bus...gave em a wave and yelled some support. I thought people got lynched up in Newcastle territory if they supported other teams  ;D

Actually my friends at Belmont (who are keen Newcastle supporters) told me they are deadset worried about the drugs charges thing blowing up bigger in the coming weeks. They hinted that more players might be charged...dunno if this is likely or not...I've kinda been focussing more on Manly lately

Good to hear from Vid about the great NZ trip - keep the anecdotes coming Vid! Will try to make it myself next year

Obviously Pete hasn't sobered up yet for an update post, look forward to some of the stories of the trip and also the game.

Just back off the plane from Unzed.

Exhausted, need to have a week off alcohol (as I had about 6 weeks worth in 4 days) to recover.

It was an incredible four days spent with around 60 VERY passionate people.

Can't believe we could make enough noicer with 60 people to drown out 18880 other Kiwi's...but we did.

Some of the regaulars on here really have to come on one of these, but be warned...do it once and you'll want more (and more).

If I had the money I would. We are planning on selling up which should free up a bit of cash for me and therefore will be eventually able to make one of these trips

I listened to the game on ABC radio in Katoomba and heard the vocal Manly supporters over their broadcast as well. Brilliant and well done to all involved.

ITs great to hear that so  many went over, i could easily hear the Manly chant when watching the broadcast and there were a couple of mentions of the MWTS aswell.

I don't know what all this nonesense about us drinking Auckland dry is all about. The MWTS were all very good girls & boys, off to bed early with cups of tea.

Also big wraps to Lowey for playing guitar & singing at O'Hagans the night before the game. Choice of song was a bit questionable though!  ::)

Now if you'll excuse me i've still got 2L of gin to polish off.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7