Manly INDIGENOUS JERSEY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
IndigenousJersey.jpg

"To recognise the huge contribution indigenous players have made to our great game of rugby league and also to celebrate our indigenous heroes that have donned the famous Maroon and White; the Manly Sea Eagles will take to the field in our Round 22 clash against the Storm sporting special Indigenous jerseys."

8)

Switch the maroon and white and this would be aces. Still, it'll probably be the only jersey you can get this year with full sponsorship on it. Unless I am mistaken.

I'd get it if I was indigenous. I like it.

I really hope Newcastle never participate in this concept again. Who can forget this horror?

5530_102404783835_16998063835_2028778_7557772_n.jpg

Why?
What about all the other cultures that have contributed
to the game.
I just don't get it. How are we suppose to integrate, when they continue to differentiate?

Hmmmmmm, was going to take advantage of the $99 jersey offer but now may go for one of these, decisions decisions

They look crap.They shouldve done something similar to th one worn by the indigenous all stars.Some people have no imagination.

sydsider link said:
They look crap.They should've done something similar to th one worn by the indigenous all stars.Some people have no imagination.
They are not over indigenous are they - in fact I'd say as indigenous as a 20 year pom like me  - I prefer the Newcastle jersey.
Anyway - The thought & gesture is good. Hope they sell.

wombatgc link said:
Why?
to the game.
I just don't get it. How are we suppose to integrate, when they continue to differentiate?

What about all the pommies and Irishmen who have played league?Asians,Lebanese,Italians,Greeks?What about all the Islanders (eg Tongans,Polynesians)and Kiwis?When are we having a round for all of them?Why don't we have a round where the NRL clubs give something back to country league teams,many who struggle to get a team together,and keep it running?There have been many indigenous Australians who have pulled on league jumpers,but,there have been many fine crl players who have pulled on league jumpers.Most of them are born in Australia,and most have been here many,many generations!!

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=wombatgc link=topic=184360.msg279686#msg279686 date=1280392906]
Why?
to the game.

What about all the pommies and Irishmen who have played league?Asians,Lebanese,Italians,Greeks?What about all the Islanders (eg Tongans,Polynesians)and Kiwis?When are we having a round for all of them?Why don't we have a round where the NRL clubs give something back to country league teams,many who struggle to get a team together,and keep it running?There have been many indigenous Australians who have pulled on league jumpers,but,there have been many fine crl players who have pulled on league jumpers.Most of them are born in Australia,and most have been here many,many generations!!
[/quote]
I'm all for showing respect to great players & cultures of all creeds.
We have had some of the greatest indigenous players playing for Manly. When I first came over part of what drew me to league rather than union which I was brought up on was the magic of players like Cliffy.

I'm happy for it :) & I think the indigenous players & fans will get a sense of pride from it.

All good.

Meanwhile all those AUSTRALIAN people (not from some particular race/breed/color)who play country league get SFA!!!!Lucky those indigenous players got their break!!I reckon for every 1000 crl players,20 to 30 might get trials in NRL,and maybe 5 or so get a contract.

Give it a rest ajay and turn down the redneck radio in the background. You obviously have no idea of the cultural differences and the difficulties faced by indigenous Australians. I think it is a great initiative and am extremely weary of people knocking moves to support them.

I'm not having a pop AJ if they had a Scottish tartan jersey Hell I might buy one in honor of Michael Robinson.

;)

I hate agreeing with moderators.

I'm not a redneck,I've got indigenous heritage,but I don't "tick the box"!!Obviously I haven't had enough to drink tonight (2 nips of Scotch..lol)to be on this forum!!Mmmm...redneck....that's a new one!!And I'm sure he's the Mcrobertson of Mcrobertson!Hey,I've got a fair bit of Irish heritage too!It's not Mcayjay,though

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8