Manly introduces SMS system for anti-social behaviour at games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
I just spotted this in one of the emails from the club.

"NEW SMS HELP HOTLINE
We are dedicated to improving supporters enjoyment of the games at Brookvale Oval, so in 2010 we will extend the Match Day Hotline and launch an initiative using an SMS reporting system.

Crowd Members are now encouraged to report instances of anti-social behavior anonymously through an SMS to the Match Day Hotline, by texting through a description of their location and the issue disturbing them to 0424 155 032 .

This SMS will be received in a Security Control Room and actioned in a timely fashion. Fans still are urged to notify security of antisocial behavior, but the text-messaging line is aimed at allowing crowd members to report instances of anti-social behavior anonymously without getting involved in disputes or missing part of a game.

The cost to supporters to use this service is just their standard network charges."

I thought they were doing that anyway.

If the players play like they did on Monday, is that classed antisocial behaviour?

A better idea would be to sms message to the players during the game and put them up on the scoreboard. 

"Stop bludging princess and take the ball up".  Run the ball up hard this time Williams you soft cock". 

tookey link said:
A better idea would be to sms message to the players during the game and put them up on the scoreboard. 

\"Stop bludging princess and take the ball up\".  Run the ball up hard this time Williams you soft cock\". 

I like this.

Here come the fun police.

On your best behaviour everyone. You don't want to yell a naughty word at the footy.

What one person considers anti-social, another person considers harmless fun.

To me, physical violence is the line you do not cross. Anything else, go for it. That'll get you kicked out by the sounds of it.

tookey link said:

\"Stop bludging princess and take the ball up\".  Run the ball up hard this time Williams you soft cock\". 
.. like to see that ;D  ..

tookey link said:

We would need someone out there able to read the messages to a few of the boys ;)

Good, I'll rid the place of smokers, farters, belchers, and other riff raff.  I love to stand alone.  Let's only let in the punters who can prove they've showered in the past 24 hours, attended bible classes and love their mums.  Stupid idea.  There's already enough of the heavy police and other 'security' boofhead presence.  They just antagonize the crowd. 

Brilliant stuff.
tookey link said:

We must be bloody twin.Thats me to a tee.
DSM5 link said:
Good, I'll rid the place of smokers, farters, belchers, and other riff raff.  I love to stand alone.  Let's only let in the punters who can prove they've showered in the past 24 hours, attended bible classes and love their mums.  Stupid idea.  There's already enough of the heavy police and other 'security' boofhead presence.  They just antagonize the crowd. 

The titans had that system going two years ago, but I think they flicked it because everyone was texting saying stuff like the bloke in rowC seat 5 is about to get his kit off and streak(which a lot did).Which had security bad bald bikie man running all over the shop! :D

DSM5 link said:

Agree 100%

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4