Manly issued breach notice from NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Manly issued breach notice from NRL

NRL.com
Mon 19th August, 5:15pm

Print
Decrease Font
Increase Font
RSS
The NRL has today issued the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles with a breach notice outlining a $10,000 fine in relation to coach Geoff Toovey’s post-match comments.

Under NRL guidelines coaches are not permitted to question the integrity of the match officials nor make excessive or unjustified criticisms of their performances.

Excessive criticism is deemed as moving beyond identifying perceived errors and making an emotional attack on match officials.

“I accept that emotion is a big part of our game but that is not an excuse for making unwarranted attacks on match officials,” NRL Head of Football, Mr Todd Greenberg, said today.

“There needs to be a balance between coach’s expressing their opinions and their emotions and showing respect for the game and the match officials in that process.”

NRL Referees Elite Performance Manager, Mr Daniel Anderson, added: “The performance of the match officials in a fiercely contested game on Friday night was very good.

“With the Steve Matai ruling, the officials followed the proper procedures in the video review process and arrived at the correct decision.

“The referee on the field ruled the player grounded the ball short and was then held up and there was insufficient video evidence to warrant over-ruling that decision.”

The Sea Eagles will have five working days to make submissions in relation to the breach notice.

Funny how the NRL is allowed to express an opinion with impunity and everyone else is not.

How's the dribble from Anderson? "They did a great job!"

Are we now communist china where critisism will not be allowed?

$10k will pay for some more limo's for the wankers

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
What a joke. We now have this smarmy prick playing big man over us. The NRL is going downhill fast.

Greenturd you are a tw####t, the NRL are in denial about their officials, every weekend we see blaring errors and nothing ever changes. Toovey at no stage questioned their integrity just took aim at the dud system we operate on when blatant errors are not fixed.

How the hell does ex drizzle now vermim player Lima get a week for trying to dislocate Choc's knee??

The game stinks and Manly have real problems now that Greenturd is the boss cocky

Never ever forget what he did to our club!!

Manly got $100k in goodwill as everyone in the Media and Talkback saw Matai's try and the dive !

Manly have to boycot all NRL duties on compassionate grounds as 2v is genetically emotional man :idea:

The game is in crisis and this prick can't see it. Fans will start to vote with their feet if they keep getting f**ked over.
The other football codes must be pissing themselves laughing at these clowns.

I really, really hate Greenturd now. Now, more than ever.

Matai grounded the ball before the line. About 10-20 cm. He then slid half a metre without changing his or the ball's position. It was a try but you couldn't see the ball touching in-goal grass in the replay. The ref should have made the T-shape but he baulked and because the video could not show it could not override the ref. So the system was faulty in this situation.

Greenturd should be apologising, not fining.

Our once proud game is in dire straits. Gone are the days of having fun following your favourite team . It is now nothing more than a commercial product, which is being manipulated by highly paid, agenda driven stooges with axes to grind .

Game is fast becoming a joke. I was expecting a better year this year from the NRL.

New refs boss, new comission in charge, yet the game seems worse off.

To top it off they employ Greenturd.

If it wasn't for Manly i wouldn't bother watching

Little (edited) ditty for Greenturd care of Kevin Bloody Wilson

Dear Todd
Stick that fu**in fine, up yor fu**in arse
You're supposed to fu**in help, not make it fu**in hard
We only want to support our team but you're just being an arse
So you can stick that fu**in fine up yor fu**in arse!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4