Manly & Juniors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
MANLY boss Grant Mayer has hit back at claims the Sea Eagles are turning their back on local juniors. John Thorpe, chairman of Valley United and head honcho of the Australian Hotels Association in NSW, is angry the club must pay an extra $3000 to field teams this season because $50,000 has been cut from the allocation to junior competitions.

"Manly think they can keep screwing the volunteer dads and mums," Thorpe told The Sun-Herald. "I don't think they're cultivating junior rugby league in the area. They never have. It's going belly up. We're in deep waters. Footy around here is going to be overcome by soccer and AFL. It's a calamity. You'd think they'd be putting more money into juniors, not less."

Mayer suggested Thorpe obtain more details before being too critical."Mr Thorpe should check his facts," Mayer said."It's between the leagues club and the juniors. We have no say in it. The money from the leagues club to our football club has also been cut - by $400,000. We're all in the same boat."

Source - League Headquarters.

Agreed mate. Anyone heard that another two Falou boys are playing with The Roosters? Scary, SCARY thought. All 3 brothers apparently.

It also says on Fox, I. Falou is keen to join them.
I guess they will use Fitzgibbons money on him.

Maybe Thorpe should use some of the money he makes from his pub to sponsor junior league in the area?

That way the money that the parents spend on pokies could be put to good use.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6