MANLY LAUNCH NEW MEMBERSHIP WEBSITE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
MANLY LAUNCH NEW MEMBERSHIP WEBSITE
 Â    Â  Saturday 13 Nov 2010
http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=38040
Source: http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au

The Manly Sea Eagles have today launched a brand new membership website for 2011.

With a target of 10,000 members to reach for the 2011 season, the new website features all the information members and fans will need to renew or join up as a new member.

Built by Sean Callanan at Sports Geek, the site is simple and easy to use. Sea Eagles membe
rs should be sure to keep checking the site as there will be regular updates and information on the upcoming 2011 season.

Members can also look forward to exciting member only events and promotions.

Sea Eagles CEO Graham Lowe said this just the beginning of a new era in membership.

"Everybody's really pleased with the way it's turned out and we've been getting some great feedback

"This is just the start of a number of new initiatives that we'll be unrolling in the New Year."

Visit the new Sea Eagles membership website here - http://membership.manlyseaeagles.com.au

is it built for SEO? just did a goofle search and it did not appear manly sea eagles membership (the website did but not this one)

tractorboy link said:
I'd be asking for royalites if I was Michelle. Good they got this up hope it makes some sort of a difference

I highly doubt someone will go to the website and be convinced to become a member, it is more helpful at maintaining value for current members, by keeping them informed etc.

If they want to get more members they should have a player come out onto the field and do a membership spiel before every home game, to avoid disturbing the warmup they could use injured/suspended players or ex-players like Menzies. They need to convince more casual attenders to join up on the lowest level membership.

The Wheel link said:
Has a new membership manager been appointed

Yes, I'm told she starts at the begining of December and has an AFL membership management background.

My old membership details must have been sold off to the Roosters and the Tigers. I have had email and letters sent from them. There is no other way those clubs could have gotten my details, except from the Manly club.

captainskin link said:
My old membership details must have been sold off to the Roosters and the Tigers. I have had email and letters sent from them. There is no other way those clubs could have gotten my details, except from the Manly club.

Maybe just some part of an overall NRL member database.

captainskin link said:

Did you buy a ticket to a rorters or tigers home game through the year online through ticketec or ticketmaster.If you did,thats how you got on their mailing list.I get the pamffas stuff each year after buying tix online to penrith park 2 years ago.

vidmar link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=185949.msg306003#msg306003 date=1289779355]

Yes, I'm told she starts at the begining of December and has an AFL membership management background.

[/quote]

Another one with AFL background? Not a bad thing, just curious that this seems to be the path we're going down. Obviously the AFL does membership better than NRL, so I can understand why that's an area where we're trying to copy them.

What happened to the last girl? I heard she legged it to Souths...

Yes, Sarah went to Souths..Interestingly her replacement is her previous manager from the Brisbane Lions who is from Sydney originally and was keen to come back down here so worked well.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289804513[/time]

ayjay007 link said:
[quote author=captainskin link=topic=185949.msg306033#msg306033 date=1289794628]

Did you buy a ticket to a rorters or tigers home game through the year online through ticketec or ticketmaster.If you did,thats how you got on their mailing list.I get the pamffas stuff each year after buying tix online to penrith park 2 years ago.
[/quote]

Same for us ...It could have been years ago that you bought tickets for a game as from time to time some clubs re-use old mailing lists

willstyles link said:
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=185949.msg306009#msg306009 date=1289781823]
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=185949.msg306003#msg306003 date=1289779355]

[/quote]

Another one with AFL background? Not a bad thing, just curious that this seems to be the path we're going down. Obviously the AFL does membership better than NRL, so I can understand why that's an area where we're trying to copy them.

What happened to the last girl? I heard she legged it to Souths...
[/quote]

NRL membership numbers compare quite favourably with the AFL in terms of similiar levels of development.  We are really in our infancy with the memberships and it will take a generation or two of fans going through the system until you get to see clubs have numbers in the 30k+ range.

I am trying to sign my 3 boys up for 3 game junior membership and am finding this "new" site confusing! So where do I actually sign them up????

I signed up as a member nearly two months ago now and I've seen nothing yet?????? Does it usually take that long for them to send the pack out or do I have to wait for them to get the 2011 packs ready???
I was really excited I finally joined but now I'm starting to get a little peeved...

Goldy you have PM (Shame no ACT game in 2011 so we could promote a BBQ at your place?)

PJ, Sorry but from experience the memberships are sent in groups with the first sent early December - If you are OK sending me your details via private message I'll check the specifics on the database and let you know?
In the transition between membership managers at the club there will be a lapse in communication I guess?

Cheers

Vidmar

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289820812[/time]

vidmar link said:
Goldy you have PM (Shame no ACT game in 2011 so we could promote a BBQ at your place?)

PJ, Sorry but from experience the memberships are sent in groups with the first sent early December - If you are OK sending me your details via private message I'll check the specifics on the database and let you know?
In the transition between membership managers at the club there will be a lapse in communication I guess?

Cheers

Vidmar
PJ - You have PM

I still get stuff from the Storm after buying tickets to a game down there two year ago, this is despite a number of e-mails saying to take me off their list.I just chuck it in the recycling bin now, so no your details have not been sold off Captainskin....I bet somewhere you bought tickets to games at those clubs and there's your answer.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6