Manly Look Set To Stay At Brookvale Oval With $10m State Government Upgrade Grant

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
MANLY looks ready to stay at famous Brookvale Oval forever.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the Sea Eagles are poised to receive substantial Government funding to upgrade the decaying ground on Pittwater Road.

It would mean a new grandstand — with undercover seating for 3000 fans — be built on the eastern side of the ground and the playing surface upgraded.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-look-set-to-stay-at-brookvale-oval-with-10m-state-government-upgrade-grant/story-fni3gnk5-1227007749075

RE: Manly Look Set To Stay At Brookvale

Woohoo, thats great news.

I hope we do all we possibly can to keep playing at Brookie.

As for other teams not liking to play there, that's the whole point, is it not?

Todd "the Tool" Lowrie must not be all that bright (as well as an average player) to admit Brookie's unpleasant to visit!

I hope our fans save an extra special "welcome" for him on Friday night.

It sounds like good news, but dont we require much much more than $10 million funding to lock in our future at Brookie? I thought it was a bigger job than that

in a way i'd like to see the playing field left the way it is.
i doubt any opposition players enjoy playing on a field like it which gives us an advantage over them at home.

With 3000 seats in the proposed stand there will be a race to snap those up asap as far as season tickets are concerned....great news for fans and the club as far as our future at the fortress is concerned...go Manly

2 weeks ago Dave Perry was on 2UE and said Manly has $10 million in the bank and was ready to start spending that

One line is worrying me although being the DT trurth is unknown.

"There would still be some hill area remaining either side of the new grandstand and at the northern end of the ground"

If what they write is true it sounds like the new stand it going to take up all hill space, not behind the hill as perviously indicated. 3000 people sitting in half the Eastern hill would reduce our capacity by thousands. If they get stage 2 Brookie will be a 12-15K seated stadium, so why bother?

It'll bring a tear to my eye to see the ol girl spruced up as planned. I remember ( vaguely) when it WAS an oval. A cricket oval with one smaller stand on the western side.
In keeping with the Wolverine theme a fortress facade should be brought in from the Tv studios to face Pittwater Rd behind the FultonMenzies. Send shivers down the spine of the Ponies

Fortress_Brookvale forever.

3000 x $50 probably gets a lot more income than 5000 x $20, so that answers that question

But agree less people

Sound great news. We must keep playing at Brookie. 12,000 people close to ground adds an awesome atmosphere to a match. Scatter 25,000 around and 80,000 seating venue and it kills the atmosphere and looks absolutely shocking on the TV.
Brookie is part of who Manly are. Our beautiful sh*thole.

For Mr. Lowrie borrowed and adapted from Guns n Roses:

Welcome to the sh*thole
We've got fun 'n' games
We got mud 'n' we got bog
Toddy, we know your name

Hope the locals make some welcome signs for Todd.:p

Should have 10 rows of seats in front of the proposed stand, then a walkway area, followed by the 3,000 seat stand behind them. That way, at the ends of the stand, the can be grassed areas added for standing room only, and possible extensions for the stand.

No matter the price, 3,000 seats wont cover it unless there are more concourse seats infront of it.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6