Manly Lose 28-0 To Wentworthville

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles suffered a 28-0 loss to Wentworthville Magpies today in round two of the Intrust Super Premiership competition.

In a game that never reached great heights at Ringrose Park, the Sea Eagles lost five-eighth Tim Moltzen with a dislocated elbow injury early in the first half.

Wentworthville opened the scoring in the 26th minute when forward Daniel Alvaro ran onto a short ball to beat the tackle of half-back Pita Godinet to score behind the posts. Five-eighth Mitch Cornish converted for a 6-0 lead.

The home side went to a 10-0 lead in the 38th minute when centre John Folau dived over in the left corner. Cornish converted for a 12-0 lead at half-time.

Second half

Wenty extended their lead to 16-0 through a try to winger Bureta Faraimo before fellow winger Honeti Tuha crossed. Cornish converted for a 22-0 lead after 54 minutes.

Cornish converted a penalty goal for a 24-0 lead before Wentworthville captain Codey Nelson found a gap to sprint his way to the right corner to score for a 28-0 scoreline after 75 minutes.

Manly Sea Eagles team

1 Ben Fritz, 2 Halauafu Lavaka, 3 Peter Schuster, 4 Tony Satini, 5 Fabian Goodall 6 Tim Moltzen 7 Pita Godinet (C), 8 Liam Knight, 9 Hugh Pratt, 10 Darcy Lussick, 11 Feleti Mateo, 12 Tom Symonds, 13 Blake Leary; Interchange 14 Daniel Vasek, 15 Dylan Kelly, 16 Luke Burgess, 17 Addin Fonua-Blake; Coach: Luke Williamson

Wenty Magpies team: 1. Scott Schulte 2. Bureta Faraimo 3. Vai Toutai 4. John Folau 5. Honeti Tuha 6. Mitch Cornish 7. Luke Kelly 8. Rory O’Brien 14. Cameron King 10. Kelepi Tanginoa 11. Cody Nelson (c) 20. Daniel Alvaro 13. David Gower; Interchange: 12. Matt Woods 15. Andrew Pearn 16. Nick Kassis 17. Blake Cook

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/20...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Moltzen must be made of glass... dislocated elbow will keep him out for quite a while

Why would they? Leary was one of the best last week in first grade but still got dropped.
Because they have character . They have self pride , self belief and the Sea eagle never say die attitude . Starling and Lawrence were also over looked for round one but they didn't throw the towel in and as a Manly faithful I am proud of them feathered friend

I think 5 out of that forward pack have or will play 1st grade throughout the year . Fu.. we r in the **** for so called depth if they keep turning up like that . Its only round 2 for f... sake where is the stamina and will to win . Dont tell me they had more class then us . Tb might have to walk down the stairs and have a good look .

Inept performance. Can't believe the score was this bad. Was Wentworthville that good, Manly that bad or a combination of both?

Manly should have great depth this year with Mateo, Symonds, Leary, Lussick and Burgess all recent regular first graders. How have these guys fallen so quickly? Maybe time for a new coach?

As I posted in the other thread, I was there.

Mateo was very average. Burgess was really poor. Godinet is uninspiring.

On the upside, apart from missing a tackle to let in the final try, Leary was solid. It was damn hot and fatigue was a real factor.

Lavaka was good. As was Satini.

Liam Knight was a handful. He bent the line consistently.

Addin Fonua-Blake is an animal. Stocky and just keeps the legs pumping when he hits the line. He'll play first grade. No risk.

That's a damn good forward pack for NSW cup on paper. Just like our first grade side is damn good on paper.

When they start playing games on paper we will kill it. Any plans for a paper stadium in the new stadia strategy?

Really inspiring start to the season. Looks like the new fitness and training schemes are working a treat. They better not serve this sort of sht up tomorrow night or there'll be pitchforks and burning torches.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4