Manly Match-Fixing Investigation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

I have deleted the post regarding match fixing. This has been done specifically due to a request from the club.
There were too many people mentioning names within the post and even though we continuously asked people to not do that and to remove any such posts, we continued to have people posting names. Unfortunately the moderation team do not have the personal time to continue to go through the thread removing all of the posts with names or allusions to names.

Whilst the discussion of such a topic is ok and acceptable on here, any mention of specific names will lead to a temporary ban for any user doing so.

Such things put not only yourselves but the entire site in danger, and I am sure that last thing you guys want is to have this site shut down or for any of us to be shouldering any legal burden.

So discuss, but please discuss within reason and without specific names or anything that would or could be associated with a name.

Additionally our Email relay Server has been down all day. I have only just addressed this within the last 30 minutes. So anyone who sent me emails in the last 24 or so hours, I will try to get back to ASAP

Dan

Last edited:
s'funny how the club are happy to contact silvertails when they want something...but do bugger all for the biggest manly forum site out there.

also nice how they can ask for deletions but can't be bothered addressing the news on their own website...twitter...facebook....etc.

why should they care when zorba says we are irrelevant??? lol

Anyway Dan, you did the right thing!

Hope the guilty parties do get life bans!

Also interesting how Dan does the right thing and removes the thread but the tele put up certain pics....and just type "are aren't saying anyone in this pic has fixed matches! yeah right

Interesting and worrying about how all of this will pan out. But tooves was right...there needed to be an investigation!

685750.gif

Hmm sounds like a plan, maybe the Media will just forget about it too :lipssealed:

Woke up this morning and my first thought was after 50 years of being aproud Manly supporter I have had enough of the stresss of the last few years and in particular the latest scandal. My second thought was why should the action of a couple of greedy good for nothing wankers affect my support of this great club.I believe we need to be strong as supporters and not let any of this take away the amazing memories of the great wins and deeds of our true Manly legends. Let's hope karma catches up with the despicables who have tarnished our club.

s'funny how the club are happy to contact silvertails when they want something...but do bugger all for the biggest manly forum site out there.

also nice how they can ask for deletions but can't be bothered addressing the news on their own website...twitter...facebook....etc.

The club supports the tipping comp on a weekly basis, they do plenty and we run with relative autonomy and success compared to our peers in other teams

Has the club contacted FB and Twitter and asked them to do the same?

Deadset these allegations are 24 hours old and we've heard nothing from them.

"There is no specific allegation yet, no charges, no formal investigation by police and we should be careful not to jump to conclusions," Greenberg said.
Read more at http://wwos.nine.com.au/2016/06/03/05/04/nrl-unaware-of-specific-match-fixing#uRL0FZ4uFTSvb0Wz.99

sounds like something @lsz would say! lol

maybe the org crime squad will find nothing....and it'll all be a newspaper selling exercise for a day or two!

hmmmm come to think of it have you ever seen lsz and Greenburg in the same room together........

Interesting doco of what Soccer has uncovered.
Pretty sure that the Cricket match fixers are also based in Singapore.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
Has the club contacted FB and Twitter and asked them to do the same?

Deadset these allegations are 24 hours old and we've heard nothing from them.

Why would they, the club actually hasn't been named there is just an allegation from some source somewhere.

It sounds dubious at best and good old toddy said it best with his comment above.

why should they care when zorba says we are irrelevant??? lol

Anyway Dan, you did the right thing!

Hope the guilty parties do get life bans!

Also interesting how Dan does the right thing and removes the thread but the tele put up certain pics....and just type "are aren't saying anyone in this pic has fixed matches! yeah right

Interesting and worrying about how all of this will pan out. But tooves was right...there needed to be an investigation!
According to Zorba's latest vid on Sporting News, fans are still garbage but paying members are cool...

Why would they, the club actually hasn't been named there is just an allegation from some source somewhere.

It sounds dubious at best and good old toddy said it best with his comment above.

Dan I agree that there is little substance at this stage, but the Club's logo is on the front page of every Newspaper today amid allegations of match fixing. A denial would be good.

Dan I agree that there is little substance at this stage, but the Club's logo is on the front page of every Newspaper today amid allegations of match fixing. A denial would be good.

You know that a denial in many cases can be used as evidence of guilt.

Take defamation for instance

It's a twisted legal system we live under

It was disappointing that I only got to two games last year. It more disappointing that Manly lost both those games. It now angers me significantly that there is suggestions that Manly players fixed those two matches so that they would lose.

Its amazing how easily people are spun up by the media. I thought we would have learnt a lesson from a few years ago. Nothing is proven yet. I find the timing of this ironic, a couple of players were caught with known criminals a couple of weeks ago, then this surfaces. Could be a ploy to scare the hell out of the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8