Manly Match-Fixing Investigation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think only one or possibly 2 current players would have been involved. And neither of them will play again this year.

To fix a match probably requires a lot of people. And even if it is only two of our team, they will probably be two club legends.

I love the link between Hayson, the Forans and Buzz from the Telegraph. Kind of puts his interview with Kieran into perspective.

The information being fed to Fairfax around the betting trail and account details is something to behold.

I can only see one current sea eagle player involved in this. Trust me as good as he has been we are not going to miss him. It's a disgraceful act and it's a shame that this is what he will be remembered for. IMO

It's a stretch to suggest that the bombed try was purposeful, had to watch it - but some defensive play on the replay makes your wince. Of course people we are now watching this through the lense of an unproven allegation

I have a horrible feeling that we are about to have our team ripped apart.

So let me absorb this.

Parramatta won.

K Foran received a small amount of the winnings his brother a big amount of the winnings. Both brothers used to play at Manly.

The bet was eels to win by 5+ and the score went from 8-10 down to 22-10 in the last ten minutes.

Don't know who the spot light will be on. But out of interest who missed the tackles for the last two paramatta meat pies in this game?

It's a stretch to suggest that the bombed try was purposeful, had to watch it - but some defensive play on the replay makes your wince. Of course people we are now watching this through the lense of an unproven allegation

If you watch the replay it looks like his hands are positioned to go over the top of the ball, the Parra player's attempt to bat the ball dead actually moved it closer to his hands. I seriously can't see him making that mistake, given the freakish things we've seen him do in the past.

So let me absorb this.

Parramatta won.

K Foran received a small amount of the winnings his brother a big amount of the winnings. Both brothers used to play at Manly.

The bet was eels to win by 5+ and the score went from 8-10 down to 22-10 in the last ten minutes.

Don't know who the spot light will be on. But out of interest who missed the tackles for the last two paramatta meat pies in this game?
There were 3 tries in that last 10.

(1) For the Semi one, Lyon allowed a small alley on the outside, which Semi gladly accepted to run around him and score. Of note, there were players close on Lyon's inside to cover anything coming back inside, and our fullback was glaringly out of position to be cover Lyon and that touchline. The fullback was casually jogging into the line, 2 in from Lyon, and not in a position to make one of his patent try-saving cover tackles.
(2) For the try with the bomb and second kick... Firstly, Dylan ran hard to round up Gutho after he gathered the loose ball and headed for the try line. Brown and Matai also showed urgency in trying to shut the play down. Secondly, Api had a bad miss at gathering the second grubber in goal. Thirdly, our fullback was horribly out of position again despite having ample time to adjust with the bomb, bouncing ball, passes, change of direction and second kick... yet, had barely jogged 20m from the right side over to where this was all unfolding.
(3) The other try involved a very awkward fumble by our fullback when attempting to gather a grubber near the line.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I cannot know or comment on the intentions behind these various behaviours, so I've just tried to describe what we could see.

Didn't watch the game but leaving it to the last 10mins to fix a game just doesn't add up or make sense in my books and would look more suss, on top of risking the wrong result so late in the game.

My personal opinion is probably player A was confident his team would win by more than 5 points "legally" and tipped off this confidence to someone else.

More a case of taking advantage of a very informed confident opinion in more ways than one but i don't think any player deliberately altered the result in any way shape or form.

Yes the rest of the money trail in the article looks obviously shady though.

As for the Bipolar crap yawnfest, just another individual not taking responsibility for their own actions or choices in life.

Disappointing to say the least, i would have Foran back in a heartbeat(before the mental health issues) but no way now due to taking the easy rode and using mental illness as a way to soften the blow.

As i've stated before if someone is having a hard time mentally always willing to lend a hand(i admire people who just bluntly state "i'm struggling" with no mental illness fanfare, but once that same person starts blaming "mental illness" in the form of "Bipolar type 1,2,3,4,5,1000 and "Depression" i want zero to do with you.

I think we should be prepared for more to come in the next few days. It's McClymont's pattern to have a scoop which builds over a few days.
I suspect this wasn't leaked to coincide with tonight's match. More likely, it was primed to go in the SMH tomorrow and Massoud got wind of it and claimed a scoop.

I cannot believe that people seriously think a player (or players) conspired to fix this game for a $40K win that has to be shared among a dozen people or more. For example what did the Bankstown tow truck driver do in this whole cunning plan ?. Steal one of the Manly players' car so his mind wasn't on the game ? As for the mysterious Surfers Paradise man ? who knows.

This is nothing more than some chronic gamblers taking a punt on some inside info (eg a player carrying an injury, last minute positional changes etc) that they think might be worth the risk. The fact that they let it ride on some tip in the gee gees on the Sunshine Coast tells me it is not a very sophisticated plan they have going here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4