Manly Moneyball....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Every time a quality player is coming off contract most NRL teams go into a frenzy paying massive overs, as Manly sit on the sidelines picking up the bargain basement players who thrive in the culture that Manly provide.
The big money is invested into the key positions, with the hard working players not looking for headlines filling in admirably & often realising a potential most supporters did not think was possible.
The faith Manly show the players also keeps a more harmonious team.
Often teams purchase a big name player just because they are available, when they already have strong players in that position.....
An area that has been so under rated over the past few years is definately the recruitment.
The big test will come over the next few years when Snake, Kingy, Lyon & Watmough near the end of their careers but in saying that, though the other grades are not dominating, it appears there are already a few future stars amongst them in the wings.

Yes our brains-trust recruitment-wise, including Tooves, Dave Warwick and (I'd assume) Donny Singe have done an outstanding job, maxta.

Considering our healthy quota of elite players, the identifying and recruitment of all the lesser lights that clearly thrive in our environment, is second to none.

And - as I've pointed out more than once recently - for a team torn apart by internal frictions, there's a lot of smiling going on!

The bottom-line being results onfield, and where we are on the ladder.

We had to pay overs post NE, but after 10 years of hard work now we have all the cards stacked on our favour. Players want to come here (or stay once they arrive) because of location, good culture and a real chance of a premeirship. We can pay unders.

Chip and Chase said:
We had to pay overs post NE, but after 10 years of hard work now we have all the cards stacked on our favour. Players want to come here (or stay once they arrive) because of location, good culture and a real chance of a premeirship. We can pay unders.

Don't forget the contribution (pointed out by @HM) made by our wonderful Nothern Beach belles to woe em, win em, and marry em.

HappilyManly said:
I trust you meant woo them - the woe, some would argue, comes after they sign on the dotted line :D

Freudian slip, just projecting my own personal experiences.

whereeaglesdare said:
Another Dave Warwick recruitment gem...

http://www.mapsports.com.au/news/54-jaiden-tarrant-signs-with-manly-sea-eagles.html

Thanks WED.

So how old is he exactly??
Pretty young if he's been playing U/16's recently.

But if it's good enough for Dave Warwick and co. It's good enough for me.

Welcome to the best club in the land young man.

How great is it to read a good nrl story. Signing of a young kid for 4.5 years to the Eagles. I still can't quite believe some of the things ive read this week bubblying ffs.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6