Manly must move fast on Foran, DCE: Ballin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly veteran Matt Ballin has urged the Sea Eagles' new powerbrokers to swiftly sort out the futures of Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran, for fear a protracted re-signing saga could derail the club's 2015 NRL campaign.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8926731

I like this line..

Ballin said he believed Matai and Brett Stewart wouldn't leave Brookvale.

Surely Ballin has it wrong though. I thought Brett was gorne..

First of all, and very non NRL like, I'd consider 6 year contracts. Why make it short. Whatever we offer today, in 4 years time won't be as much, so when they are in their prime, we'd have them at good value.

Second of all, their contracts aren't basic contracts, and will involve dispensation, and 3rd party arrangements as well as potential marquee player arrangements (if allowed). These things take time.

3rd, Foran is gone. We need to consider options.

Ryan said:
First of all, and very non NRL like, I'd consider 6 year contracts. Why make it short. Whatever we offer today, in 4 years time won't be as much, so when they are in their prime, we'd have them at good value.

Second of all, their contracts aren't basic contracts, and will involve dispensation, and 3rd party arrangements as well as potential marquee player arrangements (if allowed). These things take time.

Option: Feleti Mateo at 5/8.
194cm, 110kg, good hands, good talker.

Evo said:
Ryan said:

Having Buhrer, Mateo and DCE on all ball playing certainly sounds pretty cool mate

Budgewoi Eagle said:
At a time when it appears loyalty counts for little (from both sides), how much do we love Matty Ballin?

Yep lotsa love for Matty. MAN we missed him in the run to the GF.....

Gosh we missed Matty in the last month of the season.

He is right about the urgency in getting the deals done. One way or another the club needs certainty moving forward and an end to endless speculation thats driven by Manly hating hacks in the media.

They paint the picture that we will struggle to re sign them both. Hope its done soon one way or another.

We'll win as many premierships with Mateo at 5/8 as Souths did with Sutton at 5/8

Ryan said:

Remember how that 5-year deal with Campese at the Raiders went?

Besides, the introduction into the bargaining agreement that sees clubs required to pay every cent of the base contract of a player, even if injury leads to early retirement, means anything beyond 3 year deals will be very rare.

Few players are worth the risk, even with young blokes.

Is Foran really that good to have seven clubs chasing him?
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/parramatta-eels-join-the-hunt-for-manly-sea-eagles-fiveeighth-kieran-foran/story-e6frf3ou-1227115151390?from=public_rss

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Is Foran really that good to have seven clubs chasing him?
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/parramatta-eels-join-the-hunt-for-manly-sea-eagles-fiveeighth-kieran-foran/story-e6frf3ou-1227115151390?from=public_rss
Yes

How many more months do we have to read about Manly needing to act fast to secure players? For goodness sake, media, move on. There are 15 other clubs that must surely be urged to act fast to secure one or more of their players!
14 Probably. I was forgetting the Faders.

Ryan said:
Evo said:
Ryan said:

Having Buhrer, Mateo and DCE on all ball playing certainly sounds pretty cool mate

And our 5/8 from 2008 is pretty handy and still available for selection...

Ryan said:

there is NO word that foran is leaving 100%..

mozgrame said:
Bloody Ballin. He's getting a bit above himself, telling the club what to do. Might be time to move him on.

Choc OPENED these flood gates , for the players to approach coaches , board members , media etc....

I know a lot here loved choc , but it is truly a blessing in disguise that he has moved on .... there was heap of crap going on while he was around , hopefully the rest of this stuff is the last bit of air in the balloon fizzing away.

We will all have a strong idea on the players future intentions once the season kicks off...

Threaten them all with termination if they don't sign with us. If that doesn't work, I don't know what will!

Think about it..

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4