MANLY NSW CUP V CRONULLA

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fairy Bower

Reserve Grader
http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=72579&title=vb-nsw-cup-team-lists---city-v-country-round

Manly Sea Eagles Vs Cronulla Sharks
Henson Park, Saturday, April 20
Kick-off: 1.00pm
Referee: Michael Laverty
Broadcast: Radio Coverage courtesy of Steele Sports Radio (Link available via www.steelesports.com.au or on the www.nswrl.com.au Broadcast page)

1. Peta Hiku
2. Michael Chapman
3. Esi Tonga
4. Jacob Gagan
5. Jackson Willams
6. Dane Chisholm
25. Jason Seage
8. George Rose
9. Liam Higgins
10. Ligi Sao
11. Michael Chee Kam
12. Dave Gower
13. James Hasson

14. Kayne Lawton
15. Steve Tavita
16. Justin Lemalu
17. Nathan Cooper

COACH: Luke Williamson

Thanks FB , Good side on paper and i hope they are also good in spirit when they play the sharks

Just reading before that it is a double header at Henson Park, we play the 1st match

They have also split the comp into City v Country encounters for the weekend and the winner of each game gets presented with a jersey that is half city half country and signed by the captains and coaches

I'm hearing Jesse may be back next week.

Here is the Cronulla team;

1. Tony Gigot
2. Alipate Ratini
3. Daniel Moroko
4. Sosaia Feki
5. Nesiasi Mataitonga
6. Ben Hampton
7. Penani Manumalealii
8. Tim Robinson
9. Scott Sorenson
10. Rodney Coates
11. Kirisome Auva’a
12. Tupou Sopoaga
13. Tyrone Peachey

14. Jordan McLean
15. Sione Masima
16. Fa’Amanu Brown
17. Junior Roqica
20. Tokerau Raru

COACH: Tony Herman

Former Eagle & Eel Tim Robinson has been named at 8. Keep an eye on winger Alipate Ratini who is a former Fijian rugby 7's player and a cousin of Tigers flyer Marika Koroibete. An absolute speed machine.

Fairy Bower said:
Hope it's not hot on the weekend - George might prefer a surf!
Lets hope he would prefer to play against the sharks then swim with the sharks

VB NSW Cup Preview from the NSWRL website. Cronulla have 4 players out due to test commitments to Samoa & Tonga as well as Brett Finch and a couple of others out as well. This presents us with a great opportunity to snag a win. [/b]

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=72689&title=vb-nsw-cup-previews---city-v-country-round

Manly Sea Eagles Vs Cronulla Sharks
Henson Park, Saturday, April 20
Kick-off: 1.00pm
Referee: Michael Laverty
Broadcast: Radio Coverage courtesy of Steele Sports Radio (Link available via www.steelesports.com.au or on the www.nswrl.com.au Broadcast page)

Summary: The Many Sea Eagles were no match for the Cutters at Brooky last weekend, going down 36-16 while the Sharks continued on their merry way with a dominant second half performance seeing them run out 28-16 winners over the Bulldogs. The Sharks will need to do it the tough way here though as they head into this one with a far weakened side (see Talking Point below) to the one that they have been fielding for the first six rounds of the competition. The Sea Eagles don’t have too many changes in the pack from the side that went down to the Cutters although they will get Peta Hiku back for this one after he made a successful NRL debut last weekend, and they will also get the services of Michael Chapman back on the wing and Jason Seage at halfback. This will be the first of two great clashes at Henson Park on Saturday and we urge all of you fans that are planning on heading out to do so early enough to enjoy this clash as well.

Talking Point: Time to test the depth – It has been all smooth sailing to this point in 2013 for boys from the Shire, however despite the fact that they are playing a Manly side sitting in 11th place on the ladder, this may indeed be their toughest test to date. As a result of the representative weekend, the Sharks look set to be down on a number of troops with several players either being rested such as Storm trio Brett Finch, Maurice Blair and Junior Moors, or lost to representative duty as is the case with the likes of Pat Politoni (Tonga), Matthew Wright (Samoa), Sam Tagataese (Samoa) and Mark Taufua (Samoa). That is a lot of talent to take out of any side but the Sharks look to have good depth and we know that they have great confidence after an unbeaten start to the year. It may well prove to be their best win yet, should they in fact get it.

Prediction: Manly are some chance of pulling off the upset but we think the Sharks will grind out a win. Sharks by 8.

I heard Toovey, Penna & Arthur all had involvement with the team this week. There was a big emphasis on D with all three coaches declaring they want to see some "mongrel" in ths tackles.

Tooves seems a very hands on coach and has a very real interest in how the other teams in the club are faring. I have seen him at.the Brookie based NSW Cup games and he gets very animated just as he does in the NRL games.

Fairy Bower said:
I heard Toovey, Penna & Arthur all had involvement with the team this week. There was a big emphasis on D with all three coaches declaring they want to see some "mongrel" in ths tackles.

Tooves seems a very hands on coach and has a very real interest in how the other teams in the club are faring. I have seen him at.the Brookie based NSW Cup games and he gets very animated just as he does in the NRL games.
If only these players had the same passion as The Great Tooves

I'd say it's sayonara for some coaches at the end of the year for them to step in. Only problem is there isn't a load of talent to begin with, only "supposed names" who don't play or haven't played 1st grade anymore and the team is full of players cut by other teams.

In one of the best decisions in the history of sport they have called off today's game at Henson Park.

From NSWRL twitter;
‏@NSWRL Once again, at the request of the local council, Henson Park is unavailable for use & both #VBNSWCup games have been postponed to a date TBC

Looks like a day in front of the telly!

A sharks fan I know has big wraps on Peachy #13. Future first grader in his eyes one of their best.

Great news.
I couldn't make it to Henson park today. Hopefully the rescheduling will work to my favour.

Darren said:
I'd say it's sayonara for some coaches at the end of the year for them to step in. Only problem is there isn't a load of talent to begin with, only "supposed names" who don't play or haven't played 1st grade anymore and the team is full of players cut by other teams.

Huh?

Sorry, seems a worry that first grade coaches have to step in. Big questions over lower grade staff it would seem. While I have read that the 2nd team is full of talent I'm not that sure it's as good as some make out. My belief is if they are good they would be playing somewhere in one of the nrl teams (or UK)

Why would you apply that rule to only our team? Surely the other 15 teams would be in the same boat.

Hence we have a good team relative to the competition. This isnt English soccer with promotion on the cards.

Apples and Oranges

Re: RE: MANLY NSW CUP V CRONULLA

Darren said:
Sorry, seems a worry that first grade coaches have to step in. Big questions over lower grade staff it would seem. While I have read that the 2nd team is full of talent I'm not that sure it's as good as some make out. My belief is if they are good they would be playing somewhere in one of the nrl teams (or UK)

I'm not sure I agree with you on the talent level. Our NSW cup team seems to have a nice mix of fringe firsr graders & young guys who have potential but jusr haven't been able to put it all together yet (or haven't gotten the necessary chances to do so). They could be a little better, but we don't need them to be really & I'm not sure that it'd be financially prudent to pump cash into improving the reggies when we already spend so much on the top 25.

I'm with you all the way on coaching though, it'd be criminal for Willow to keep his job for next year. He's gotten multiple opportunities but his teams have nose dived every season. If he wants to stay in the coaching game I think he should drop down into being an assistant or trainer & work his way back up, he just doesn't seem ready to be the main man just yet.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4