Manly players in origin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Someone really should have told them that NSW play in sky blue.  They were the best maroons on the field.

Wolf man morphed into Teen Wolf and came up with so many howlers he'll be up there in the pantheon with Whatsapacketa.

Even Gifty dropped it cold & had an ordinary game.

But did you check out that first 20 of the second half & blue arse ? He was everywhere & quite punishing in defense

Phil duke reincarnated after that effort.

Kite didnt do much wrong.........didnt do much at all after ****nut left him on the bench for most of the game, I didnt think he looked much like Brett Stewart but belly**** obviously confused them

if i was wolfie the beard would go tonight. He has to earn some respect back for good football rather than get caught uo in the hype behind the beard

Very impressed with Choc. Tried so hard to make something happen.
Lyon - ok
Glenn - is not having an impact this year (except the test match). Should be dropped.
Kite - again, no impact this year and others deserve a go. Wolfie - look outside. No moon tonight which explains everything. Had a barry but deserves another go.
Poore, Farrah and Wallace had shockers. 

Well watmough played bloody well,the reat were ok,but wolfman did have a mixed bag,bit of a brain explosion to kick on the 2nd tackle in their 30 at 18-14 down,but he is still a great player as for kite glenn and lyon they didnt do much worng.

Bradza link said:
Very impressed with Choc. Tried so hard to make something happen.
Lyon - ok
Glenn - is not having an impact this year (except the test match). Should be dropped.
Kite - again, no impact this year and others deserve a go. Wolfie - look outside. No moon tonight which explains everything. Had a barry but deserves another go.
Poore, Farrah and Wallace had shockers. 

From dummy half to playmaker and on, everything was mistimed.

We should count our lucky stars we have Ballin.

Watmough was the best blue on the field.
Lyon went ok, not enough quallity ball.
Kite was his usual self.
Williams was good and bad, tried too hard.
Stewart as Lyon, didn't get enough quality ball.

Wolfie had a dead set shocker, I cant see him playing again.

Kites got nothing and showed nothing this series. Gifty also wasn't much chop.

Watmough was great, probably best player for NSW.
Lyon was good, did nothing wrong.

Matabele link said:
Pretty hard for Kite to have an impact from the bench.

He's had very little impact for Manly all year. At the start of the year I read and interview with him that said after his father died it really put football into perspective as far life went. Maybe he's lost his passion for playing?

Have to agree that Watmough was awesome. Definitely the best NSW player, and  probably the best forward on the field. And I don't think he made a single mistake:) He should have been there last year, not to mention the year before. As for the rest . . .

SilentBob link said:
Watmough was the best blue on the field.
Lyon went ok, not enough quallity ball.
Kite was his usual self.
Williams was good and bad, tried too hard.
Stewart as Lyon, didn't get enough quality ball.
Gotta agree - although as Matabel said hard for Kite to do too much from the bench, thought Williams a bit nervy, and at times they over looked him for the play ( after his initial drops can't blame them) but sometimes no one near him when he got a run...
Bellamy = crap though..

Had a joke that now Blues have lot they'll probably select the entire Manly squad for the 3rd

Perry and Lahrs should have been picked. Not enough size in the forwards.

Enigma was great. Great hits.. good running and GOOD hands. On ya Choc.

Lyon was good i thought.. everytime he touched the ball he beat his man

Watmough - Outstanding!! Along with Hayne, Best player in NSW. Tried so hard.
Lyon - Ok, should have used his experience late in second half to seal victory
Stewart - few good tackles
Kite - out played by veterens, belly ache hates Brent
Wolfman - still young, had a sensational 12 months fame must of got to him. 

Cannot believe how good Choc was. That's the best game I think I've ever seen him play. He turned the match into NSW's favour and had every single Queensland forward peaking out the corner of their eye when they were passed the ball. Hayne was amazing in the first half, but quiet in the second. I'd say he was NSW's best. Gave us a chance to win. And he smashed a few bastards, so I'd give it to him anyway.

That is the Choc we want to see.

I also thought Lyon was excellent. Didn't get great service from the halves but got on the outside of his man a number of times, was fantastic in defence and always looked threatening. We looked dangerous when they went to him.

Gifty wasn't his best, roamed well, linked with Killer nicely but didn't seem to have a proper role nailed down for him. Dropped ball was poor, but he wasn't alone there.

Kite was quiet, strong in defence, tried his hardest to get involved when on the field (took two hit-ups a set a few times), but as has been said, no game time.

And the wolfman.... Wow. I know it's tough to ignore those two mistakes, but other than that he had a fairly solid game. Such a shame that those two mistakes set up the QLD victory.... And what blunders they were. Thankfully he didn't look to rattled after the game, I think he will grow a lot from the experience of Origin and actually from making those errors as well.

But as far as Manly goes, tonight was all about Choc. Bring it back to Manly champ, be the man every team fears. You know you have it in you.

Good summation willstyles and most everyone. Choc easily our best and had a terrific game. Gift was fed rubbish passes all night but was quiet. Wolfie's try was a winger special and a super effort, but we saw the rest of his game and was disappointing. Lyon got the ball too late but once again cleaned up half the missed tackles. We went in with 3 props and Kitey is left on the bench for most of the game. Seeya Bellyache - you won't be missed.

I thought Weyman was our best forward. Huge gains in the trenches. Farra and Gallen were just dreadful and along with Wallace these three cost us any hope. I thought Barrett came off as I didn't sight him for 30 minutes. We never deserved to get that close on the scoreboard and this Maroon side is one of the all time great line-ups.

Williams has been made the scapegoat for this origin.  The media say it's hisdropped balls that cost NSW, but how about the missed tackles that directly led to tries?  Inglis and Folau's were the softest i'd ever seen.  He did have plenty of shockers but they weren't like Hodges in his debut - 2 passes in goal that led to tries, and now look how well he does for QLD.  The first tackle kick was a brain snap and that's just life, you won't learn the lesson unless you mess up first.  The best thing is he'll be back on earth for awhile now, doubtful he'll get picked for game 3.

Kite... 1 of 3 props and played like 25 mins.  Not his fault, but when he was on he didn't do much except some tackling.  He was one side of the hole which Inglis ran through, methinks Bellamy was furious at that.

Lyon was great i thought.  Didn't see the ball much but made good runs and defended really well.

Gifty was quiet.
Farrah was terrible... dummy half with shocking passes.  

Hayne was awesome, he really steps up in Origin. Got an 8.5 in the Telecrap
Choc was another 8.5, first forward picked for game 3 they say.  That was the best game he's played, even better than the GF i think.  No mistakes, great tackling...real mongrel.

Special mention to Barrett - thanks for taking out Inglis and i must say his work that led to Williams' try was pretty damn good. 

Finally, yes NSW dropped the ball a lot, but i think the most was 2 per person.  How about Crocker?  He dropped it 4 times but nobody talks about that do they?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6